Seville Challenge 12 October 2019

lanetomlane

Had originally planned for Anastasia and I to visit Seville this time.  But Anastasia developed a heart problem when we were on the Norway cruise last month.  She ended up with a pacemaker, and is doing fine, although not yet in shape for travel.  Moreover, we have a cardiologist appointment October 11th, so we will not be attending the Seville One Challenge.  Maybe next year.

Our best wishes and good luck to everyone.  Have a great time in Seville.  Will be waiting to see the results.

Mike Richards

47 minutes ago, richam said:

Had originally planned for Anastasia and I to visit Seville this time.  But Anastasia developed a heart problem when we were on the Norway cruise last month.  She ended up with a pacemaker, and is doing fine, although not yet in shape for travel.  Moreover, we have a cardiologist appointment October 11th, so we will not be attending the Seville One Challenge.  Maybe next year.

Our best wishes and good luck to everyone.  Have a great time in Seville.  Will be waiting to see the results.

Mike Richards

That's sad news Mike. However it's good to hear that Anastasia is recovering well.

Hopefully we'll see you both there (wherever it may be) next year.

Best regards

Edited by lanetomlane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richam said:

Mike Richards

So sorry to hear that Anastasia had a heart problem, Mike, but glad that it was caught early and didn't lead to a more serious problem.  It will be great to see you both again if you manage to make it along next year, wherever that might be.

Pete.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I've just started a WhatsApp group (sorry, Stefan) to help us keep in touch throughout the Challenge week and weekend.  If I know your phone number and you've been in one of the earlier Challenge What'sApp groups then you should have received an invitation from me to join the group and notification through WhatsApp. 

If you haven't or if I don't know your mobile number then please drop me a PM through the forum telling me who you are and your mobile number (with international dialling code) and I'll add you to the group.

Pete.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richam said:

Mike Richards

Hi Mike

Just to say I hope Anastasia is making an excellent recovery and will be feeling 100% again soon

• Like 1

13 hours ago, richam said:

Mike Richards

Wishing quick recovery for Anastasia as well, it is good to hear that things are pointing in the right direction.

All the best

Stefan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, convexferret said:

Surely, with all the black tape, we’ll blend right into the walls?

Apart from the unlikelihood (if there is such an English word) of meeting more than one person in the wild using a Leica - I met Dagmar and Carsten the first time on the ferry to Kopenhagen. We didn't know each other but Dagmar commented later that she had a feeling I could be a participant, although I didn't take a single picture and kept the camera in the bag. I learned it was the way I was scanning the ship and horizon for possible pictures.

Stefan

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I saw a man with a Rollei yesterday in Seville! Didn’t get to talk. Steve is trying to add me to WhatsApp but having a problem with my number. I was going to suggest meeting at a Tapas place near the Cathedral. Perhaps PM me if you are here and interested. Or perhaps there are other plans? Martin

Miss you both. Have fun. 

Today afternoon:

1300 at Alameda5
Alameda de Hércules, 54, 41002 Sevilla, Spain

Please bring €10 for entrance fee. 

And €40 for tonights dinner per person payable to me. 

Either cash or Revolut account.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:56 AM, andybarton said:

Best wishes from us too. I hope Anastasia makes a full and rapid recovery.

We are MIA from this year’s Challenge too, but I will be thinking of you all on Saturday.

Have fun!

We did! And we thought of you as well, particularly when Athens was voted next year's destination; it was unanimously held that this was a place worthy of your talents!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So greetings from Seville after the challenge. 

22 people entered the competition and 26 were here for the dinner. 

My overall impression is that Seville was a good choice with great light, enough tourists, good food and culture as well as photogenic. 

for next year the options were:

Tel Aviv, Budapest, Edinburgh, Athens, Talin and Tbilisi. TV and Athens made it for the final round of voting. 
Athens - 15 points

Tel Aviv - 11 points 

So next year 10 October is the Challenge in Athens. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Well, my best thanks to Ravi for the organzation and to the rest for joining. I found a San Francisco picture showing most dinner guests.

Stefan

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7