Seville Challenge 12 October 2019

lanetomlane

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Naturally, having booked the flights, the original date suits us best. However, someone needs to make a decision, sooner rather than later as far as I'm concerned.

I've just checked and if it's going to be the weekend of the 5th October we will not be able to make it. If the date was going to change I had assumed it would have gone to the weekend after the original date, that is the 19th.

Edited by lanetomlane

I've just done a quick check on Booking.com and there's plenty of hotel availability on both weekends and prices are the same.

I can't make a decision on whether I can join this one yet, all depends on my domestic situation, but I've always wanted to visit Seville.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, topfloor said:

After five years of absence we are looking forward to be in Sevilla for the One Challenge. Flights and Hotel (10.-17.10) booked. See you all in Spain!

Welcome back, Carsten!

1 hour ago, octo said:

Anybody knows if the date has been decided on?

Yes I believe that after consideration the original date was kept, Philippe, Saturday 12th October.  I hope Ravi @Sandokanwill advise if I've got that wrong.

Pete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Correct old bean. Date stays at 12 October. 

I will go just after Easter to do the bookings and check out hotels etc. 

I have found 4 locals who work for the same company as me so will ask them for help. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
vor einer Stunde schrieb Sandokan:

Hi,

I will be in Seville 25-29 April and will meet Tom McM there. 

I can confirm that hotels are not cheap - let me see if we can get a discount for a block booking. 

Please pass my kind regards to Tom dear Ravi.
I will  join the majority for the hotel choice of course.
Good luck and enjoy your stay! 
John

• Like 1

What is a One Challenge actually? I know there is a FAQ, but the search engine does not respond to that term and I can’t find it either. 

Then there is a button ‘Calendar’, but the Seville meeting is not on it

Edited by otto.f

53 minutes ago, otto.f said:

What is a One Challenge actually?

The Leica Forum One Challenge is held on a Saturday in October in a different European city each year.  It's called the One Challenge because participants use one body and one lens (either or both must be sold by Leica) to take up to one roll (or 36 digital pictures) at one ISO value in one hour (which has been extended to two hours in recent years) and submit one anonymous picture for voting by any forum members who wish to place their vote.

So far the Leica One Challenge has been held in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Krakow, Malta, Venice, Palermo (Sicily), Copenhagen, Istanbul, Wetzlar, Vienna, Lisbon, Rome, Lyon, and this year it will be held in Seville.

Any forum member is invited to take part and there is normally a dinner on the Saturday evening and other informal social events from Thursday evening onwards.

Pete.

Edited by farnz
Crossed posting with Octo.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, larsv said:

It's a great excuse to visit a nice place and meet nice people that have a love for Leica and photography in common. Usually the food and drinks are not too poor.

But they are in short supply when you are around :D :D :D 

And mornings have to be taken slowly and quietly! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, Sandokan said:

Hi,

I will be in Seville 25-29 April and will meet Tom McM there. 

I can confirm that hotels are not cheap - let me see if we can get a discount for a block booking. 

Sorry I can't accompany you, Ravi, it's too close to the NY One Challenge I'm afraid.

Please give Tom my best wishes, I met him at the LeicaMeet in Porto, such a pleasant and learned chap.

Pete.

4 hours ago, farnz said:

Sorry I can't accompany you, Ravi, it's too close to the NY One Challenge I'm afraid.

Please give Tom my best wishes, I met him at the LeicaMeet in Porto, such a pleasant and learned chap.

Pete.

No worries, I guessed as much. I will indeed pass on your wishes and those of John G. 

Sorry to say, but I will probably be in USA the week before Seville. If it was the week after, I would join the NY Challenge. 

• Like 2