wslam

(CL) Strange behaviour when a flash is mounted

When I mount either the SF60 or the Profoto AirTTL For Nikon transmitter on the CL, the screen does this. I should point out that the SF60 only does this if it is on Wireless Slave mode. In TTL mode, it is fine. When I half press, this 'flashing' of the screen stops and things resume to normal. I assume this is not normal behavior? 

Edited by wslam

My Leica SL also does that sometimes with a flash attached. 

I think it might have to do with the setting regarding whether the EVF shows a “true” simulation of the resultant exposure, or if it is brightened up to allow composing and focusing. (I don’t have my camera at hand but I think it’s called “exposure simulation” in the menu.)

I read on another site where the EVF settings when using a flash may need to be adjusted. They addressed Canon and Nikon. It could be it is a similar situation with Leica. Not having a flash, I have not concerned myself with it.

Thanks. I figured it out.

This only happens when I am in M mode with Exposure Preview on for M (by default it is off). I suppose this is how the camera is telling you that the exposure preview cannot be shown with Flash enabled.

If I set Exposure Preview to PSA instead of PSAM, the 'flashing' of the LCD/EVF disappears.