Experiences with Leica service

Ashkanani1985

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, 

I really wanted to contact someone from higher management in Leica as I am facing the worst experience with customer service ever from any company, I bought new Leica M10-P and straight from the factory its has 3 issue something should be avoided with Leica as its suppose to be a perfectly made in Germany as they advertise, anyway I gave myself and them the excuse of being hand made so it end up with an issue, now the customer service is the worst experience I've ever had with any photography company of all time, you send an email they replay you back 1 days and sometimes 2 days after, they don't care if you need your camera to shoot or not they are just so slow to the point that makes you really frustrated. When we pay triple the price of other camera manufacture we expect a better service and communication, its suppose to be a high standard service and not to add specially if the camera is new and should not be defected from "Made in Germany" factory. Now I am asking myself why I even bought Leica ?

now my camera arrived to Wetzlar and still no replay if its actually did arrive ? did they check it? 

if anybody has a contact with anyone from higher management in Leica hope this will reach him or any email address to contact someone there.....  

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

1. Why did you not demand an immediate replacement from the dealer?

2. Why don't you pick up the phone and speak to CS Wetzlar? Ask for Mrs Frankl or Mr Kaufmann. (no, not That Dr.Kaufmann ;) )

where I live there is no Leica store near by so I had to order the camera from one of the dealers the nearest, when the camera arrive the dealer offer a replacement as he is a very good dealer and bought from him too many stuff but the prob is m10-p silver chrome is out of stock in the dealer shop for another month or so and he did indeed give me the choice to wait or to refund and I figure out since the camera is under warranty and ship it to Walzer almost same price as shipping back to the dealer and don't have to wait for a month as I have photography trip coming up and really need my camera for that trip, so I shipped it to Wetzlar imaging that Leica would have a luxury service and turn around time considering how much we are paying for their camera.

as for calling I did call and that's the prob when I send an email they don't answer when you call they answer and goes like.... this is not kind of service that you should expect from a top manufacturer, I can not keep calling internationally every time for any information for shipping and service and its unacceptable for customer service to expect this or delay emails for next day for no reason! a late example my camera arrived in Wetzlar today first morning and I did send an email before CS end their duty more than 3 hrs they didn't answer than when I call at 5:00pm and ask about it the answer is "oh they left just now will advice you on Monday! " so you tell me is that acceptable from a high end manufacture ? this just an example for the whole week hassle just to ship the camera! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaapv said:

At 5.00 pm companies in Germany (and the rest of the EU) are closed. As well as on Saturday and Sunday. Try Monday. Call at office hours.

As for calling internationally: use Skype.

I called at 5:00 pm after and email sent at 2:00 pm today so how do you explain they leave the email and replay to next Monday? is it acceptable and normal practice for customer service in Leica to replay on phone calls and for client to call them internationally ? 

I am sorry but this below average service not even lower grade Chinese manufacturer would deal with their client this way! 

Hmm... I have more problems calling China than I have calling Germany. E-mail replies are always a bit of a lottery in my experience, with any company.  Friday afternoon is problematic in western Europe as well.  Just call Leica CS on Monday, say, between 9.00 and 15.00 and ask for the persons I mentioned. I'm sure you'll get a satisfactory answer.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

Hmm... I have more problems calling China than I have calling Germany. E-mail replies are always a bit of a lottery in my experience, with any company.  Friday afternoon is problematic in western Europe as well.  Just call Leica CS on Monday, say, between 9.00 and 15.00 and ask for the persons I mentioned. I'm sure you'll get a satisfactory answer.

Thanx,  I know eventually i will get an answer and the camera too but my concern is the service here, its no where the promised great service and the advertised Leica customers support and its realy the worse i’ve seen from all manufacture. They act like a high end brand but in reality they are no where near that, in photography business you need to have better customer service than this if u want photographers to pay the 10K Tag on your item. 1 week a full 7 days just to get the papers to do the shippment, why? Because they send a two line email after your email by 48hrs at least ! 

The real problem that they know its a factory defected item and they don’t care, i wouldn’t imagine Omega or Rolex would do the same ! 

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Ashkanani1985:

Thanx,  I know eventually i will get an answer and the camera too but my concern is the service here, its no where the promised great service and the advertised Leica customers support and its realy the worse i’ve seen from all manufacture. They act like a high end brand but in reality they are no where near that, in photography business you need to have better customer service than this if u want photographers to pay the 10K Tag on your item. 1 week a full 7 days just to get the papers to do the shippment, why? Because they send a two line email after your email by 48hrs at least ! 

The real problem that they know its a factory defected item and they don’t care, i wouldn’t imagine Omega or Rolex would do the same ! 

I visited Leica Wetzlar personally and one of the guys in the CS told me to write „Professional“ on the box the camera comes shipped in and they will prioritize it. They are also working on a better customer service for professionals in the future but he had no details for me.

I mentioned the same concernes you have and told them that their long turnaround time is bad for professionals.

12 minutes ago, SMAL said:

I visited Leica Wetzlar personally and one of the guys in the CS told me to write „Professional“ on the box the camera comes shipped in and they will prioritize it. They are also working on a better customer service for professionals in the future but he had no details for me.

I mentioned the same concernes you have and told them that their long turnaround time is bad for professionals.

its so funny when CS tells customer to write professional to prioritize it! I guess the 10 and 15K that we are paying for the equipment is not enough to prioritize the service !!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashkanani1985 said:

The service in Wetzlar is actually quite good Things went pearshaped when you didn't demand immediate replacement. I'm sure it will be sorted out early next week.

1 hour ago, Ashkanani1985 said:

Then obviously you haven't had an issue or the need for the regular 5 year service of your manual Omega (or Rolex). Why are you concerned? Just relax, and give it a little time.

If you buy into something more exotic than your average mass-produced household item you would expect things to move a little more slowly. A repair or service for a watch with complications such as a chronograph etc will take at least a few months if it has to be sent to Switzerland or Germany. A repair of a faulty server or streamer from Naim Audio and the like.... Don't even ask.

13 minutes ago, Mr Fjeld said:

Then obviously you haven't had an issue or the need for the regular 5 year service of your manual Omega (or Rolex). Why are you concerned? Just relax, and give it a little time.

If you buy into something more exotic than your average mass-produced household item you would expect things to move a little more slowly. A repair or service for a watch with complications such as a chronograph etc will take at least a few months if it has to be sent to Switzerland or Germany. A repair of a faulty server or streamer from Naim Audio and the like.... Don't even ask.

I think you miss understand the issue here, or maybe i wasn’t clear, I really dont care how long the item takes for repair but I care about the service and communication! 

The slow response not the slow turn around time is what is annoying me, the way they deal with a client who heavily invested in their system is completely unacceptable! When you send an email and it get ignored for more than a day and its just simple question to complete the process of shipping the camera is not away of dealing with high end manufacturing, I referred to rolex and omega as in communication  and service not turn around time! And by the way i already tried it and even though rolex customers maybe 25 times more than Leica they answer your email within 2 hrs max. 

So just to be clear turn around time is not an issue for me but service and communication it is specialy if i am paying triple what I pay other mid range brand and get much better service.

2 minutes ago, Ashkanani1985 said:

I think you miss understand the issue here, or maybe i wasn’t clear, I really dont care how long the item takes for repair but I care about the service and communication! 

The slow response not the slow turn around time is what is annoying me, the way they deal with a client who heavily invested in their system is completely unacceptable! When you send an email and it get ignored for more than a day and its just simple question to complete the process of shipping the camera is not away of dealing with high end manufacturing, I referred to rolex and omega as in communication  and service not turn around time! And by the way i already tried it and even though rolex customers maybe 25 times more than Leica they answer your email within 2 hrs max. 

So just to be clear turn around time is not an issue for me but service and communication it is specialy if i am paying triple what I pay other mid range brand and get much better service.

No, an answer in a couple of days from a relatively small company selling their products worldwide is not an issue. Your expectations are though. Do you really expect to be met with a 24/7 service? Besides, as long as you didn't buy directly from Leica - which no one does, then your dealer is the one you should turn to.

• Thanks 1

I always call Leica Service (US), never email, the same as I do for most any expensive item... car service, stereo service, etc.  I like having a personal conversation and having a single point of contact and accountability.  Once I get a good contact (Jaap gave you some), I keep it. This process has rarely failed, at least communication-wise.  Quality of repair, however, is sometimes a different story.

Jeff

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Fjeld said:

No, an answer in a couple of days from a relatively small company selling their products worldwide is not an issue. Your expectations are though. Do you really expect to be met with a 24/7 service? Besides, as long as you didn't buy directly from Leica - which no one does, then your dealer is the one you should turn to.

not 24/7 but in week day, I am not someone who just started dealing with manufacturer issue, you name it from fuji to Canon, Nikon and Sony .... etc I've dealt with them and even cars and watches small one and big ones Leica is the worst here,  don't  defending a customer service that can not answer a customer question relating to factory defected item in same day a tough expectation. 

Anyway if you think you in Love with Leica and want to just defend their attitude and customer service than be my guest but know this I am in love with Leica and their product but their customer service and I am talking about service and communication they are way below average regardless they make great product (which they do by the way) or not.

13 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

I always call Leica Service (US), never email, the same as I do for most any expensive item... car service, stereo service, etc.  I like having a personal conversation and having a single point of contact and accountability.  Once I get a good contact (Jaap gave you some), I keep it. This process has rarely failed, at least communication-wise.  Quality of repair, however, is sometimes a different story.

Jeff

ummm so basically you telling me when I am going to spend 15k on Leica equipment I should ask the seller to provide me with certain names in Leica customer service incase I have problems ? and by the way I deal with companey  who is based in my country with phone but I can not keep calling internationally a companey they advertise worldwide support with email in their website based in Wetzlar ?!  you can check this in their website 

7 minutes ago, Ashkanani1985 said:

you name it from fuji to Canon, Nikon and Sony .... etc I've dealt with them and even cars and watches small one and big ones

Just how many actions have you pursued against the manufactures you mentioned above?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ashkanani1985 said:

customer question relating to factory defected item in same day a tough expectation. 

Anyway if you think you in Love with Leica and want to just defend their attitude and customer service than be my guest but know this I am in love with Leica and their product but their customer service and I am talking about service and communication they are way below average regardless they make great product (which they do by the way) or not.

Sorry, you're talking gibberish. If you have ever dealt with a European high end manufacturer in a sound social democracy with fair rights for their employees (most of northern Europe) you would know that if you call outsidde office times you won't get an answer. For God's sake - I live in Scandinavia where everything close down 1530 every Friday and you won't get an anser to your reply before Monday - probably after lunch time at best. Relax and don't be so obsessed about what you spent - it will work out but give it a rest.

Edited by Mr Fjeld
typos

1 minute ago, Mr Fjeld said:

Sorry, you're talking gibberish. If you have ever dealt with a European high end manufacturer in a sound social democracy with fair rights for their employees (most of northern Europe) you would know that if you call outsidde office times you won't get an answer. For God's sake - I live in Scandinavia where everything close down 1530 every Friday and you won't get an anser to your reply before Monday - probably after lunch time at best.

I don't know where you going with this ....... you made it personal now, I understand you so much in love with Leica that you can not accept a complain from even a Leica product user and now you even went into democracy, fair right zone even though  from the beginning  I mentioned that I send an email in the working hours and they skip it to next day or two or even after weekend..... now plz before you defend just for the sack of being a fan boy read about what I am complaining and sometime no answer is an answer.

• jaapv changed the title to Experiences with Leica service