Latest SL2 rumor: nearly a year away

bags27

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Chaemono said:

The delay from the Spring to the Fall makes sense now. They are very ambitious. I interpret this to mean that the SL2 will not be just an S1R in a different body and with a different user interface (sensor optimized for M and R lenses is a given).

A good situation for the users - keeping the expenses aside - would be that the various incarnations of LeiPanSig-bodies are distributed in time. In this way, new/various technologies/user interfaces will be introduced every 1-2 year, not every 4 year. No, we dont need new bodies every 1-2 years, but diversity is good.

• Like 1

I'd buy one at almost any insane price they could think of - if it was designed like the R9 body - perfection in 35mm SLR design in my books and I still cry about its removal.....I suspect Leica might go for an S body type look and feel - another beautiful design, I enjoyed that camera when it came out as much for its feel in the hand as its I - but nothing has ever come near the R9 with motordrive look and feel in hand - and for an SLR - very easy focusing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was initially depressed to hear the SL2 will be later than I expected and hoped .....

... but then again the SL does everything I need and the SL2 will mean dumping 5K GBP to keep up with the rest of the GAS guzzlers and me sitting looking at my faithful old SL and wondering if I should keep it as a 2nd body or not.

At least the decision and expense has been pushed back for a while so I can get on with photography rather than reading endless speculation, specifications and plotting on how to get my hands on one as quickly as possible .....:unsure:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, caissa said:

Because of the differences in flange focal distance, the SL2 cannot look nearly as an R9. But maybe you only mean that the corners will be a bit more rounded ?

Something along lines the lines of the R9 design - which is still as modern today as it was when it came out is (I know) is a  pipe dream....but what a dream!

12 minutes ago, thighslapper said:

I was initially depressed to hear the SL2 will be later than I expected and hoped .....

... but then again the SL does everything I need and the SL2 will mean dumping 5K GBP to keep up with the rest of the GAS guzzlers and me sitting looking at my faithful old SL and wondering if I should keep it as a 2nd body or not.

At least the decision and expense has been pushed back for a while so I can get on with photography rather than reading endless speculation, specifications and plotting on how to get my hands on one as quickly as possible .....:unsure:

No room for sensible thinking in a GAS thread! 

• Haha 1

vor 19 Stunden schrieb caissa:

..... But maybe you only mean that the corners will be a bit more rounded ?

I hope Leica stays with their brickish design for the SL. There are enough rounded cameras that looks like they ware handshaped out of clay by anthroposophic art teachers... 

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, verwackelt said:

I hope Leica stays with their brickish design for the SL. There are enough rounded cameras that looks like they ware handshaped out of clay by anthroposophic art teachers... 

Dr. Kaufmann already said (LuLa interview with Kevin Raber) that it would become “more elegant” and “less brutal... like with an axe” than the SL. 

The X1D is one of the best cameras to hold in my experience, and is elegant looking too, IMO.  Sometimes looks translates to ergonomics, not just looks for art’s sake. Of course, operational execution and reliability is another matter.  

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S