Printer suggestions

How much are you budgeting for this purchase? And what size prints do you intend to make? 

I do my printing with an Epson P600. It handles paper up to 13 inches wide, has an excellent ink set with reasonably sized ink tanks, and has excellent print heads. It produces some of the broadest gamut and dynamic range output on the market for this price (about $700, if I recall correctly). It's sibling larger model, the P800, will handle up to 17" wide paper and includes larger ink tanks. 

19 minutes ago, ramarren said:

How much are you budgeting for this purchase? And what size prints do you intend to make? 

I do my printing with an Epson P600. It handles paper up to 13 inches wide, has an excellent ink set with reasonably sized ink tanks, and has excellent print heads. It produces some of the broadest gamut and dynamic range output on the market for this price (about $700, if I recall correctly). It's sibling larger model, the P800, will handle up to 17" wide paper and includes larger ink tanks. 

Thank you ramarren ! 

Acturally I did set any budget as I really have no idea how much it will gonna cost me.... but $700 sounds acceptable to me! 

Will go and read some reviews of the epson u suggest and see which suit me better! Thx again

Northlight provides some of the most thorough printer reviews, including the Epson P600 and P 800, as well the Canon Pro 1000 (17 inch).

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson-surecolor-p600-review/

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson-surecolor-p800-printer-review/

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/canon-pro-1000-printer-review/

All are capable machines.  I use Epson and  also prefer the P800 for its larger and more economical ink set... 80ml vs 25.9ml... as well as for its 17 inch paper capability.  One can print smaller, but the P600 will never print more than 13 inch.  The roll paper attachment on the P800 is also more robust than the one for the P 600.

LuLa ($12 annual subscription) also has some very good printer reviews as well as video tutorials on camera to printing workflows.

Printers are frequently heavily discounted, potentially by both by the manufacturer and dealer.  The profits are on the inks... much like razors are discounted to get you to buy the blades.  Be sure to check the Epson (or Canon) site for current promos.  If you don’t see one, wait if you can.  I got $350 off the P800 (and used the savings to offset the cost of ImagePrint... but that’s another discussion). 

Jeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So far I made very good experience with the Canon PIXMA-100 printer. It is able to handle up to 13x19" paper. Often there are good deals out there for the printer below $200, but you have to pay for the cartridges which aren't cheap. I like that the used cartridges don't dry out nor clog the printer head even after a while of not using them.