I couldn't resist really. It was sooooo cheap.

As a CL owner with a 23, 18-56, 55-135, I have always been tempted by the lovely fondleability of the T/TL range. Prices of the T have dropped nicely, and I picked up a very good condition used black one for £359 from MPB (in the UK). 

The sensor was covered in crap so I gave it a wet clean (takes 1 minute), and I really really like it. I updated it to firmware 1.9 nice and easily. The camera feels beautiful. The build quality is amazing. Yes so it's 16mp but who cares. It's not as fast as the CL, but it's not slow either. There's a slight delay with the 23mm as it acquired focus, but nothing that wouldn't have been standard a few years back.

And the touch screen interface is really good. I am very impressed by it. I'm really tempted by a TL2, but that's just silly as I have the T as a backup body so don't want to spend any £££s. 

I think this must be the best bargain camera I've come across. It will lose very little in value, it looks and feels great, and it will be an excellent spare body that will tuck away somewhere when I am out landscaping, or will take the 55-135 lens while the 18-56 is on the CL. 

Bargain (if you have some lenses already).

Hmmm... You've got me thinking...🤔

I also just bought a T, as a backup for my CL system. Too cheap to let it pass : brand new, never open in box with two years of warranty. 

In total I got this past month a barely used Elmarit-TL 2,8/18mm + brand new T, both with warranty, for way less than a brand new Elmarit-TL 18mm 😊

They will be paired together as a bring with me everywhere kit. And less expensive than the CL, and little bit smaller.

Image quality is still better than almost every m4/3, so what's not to like ?

Thanks Tobers for the idea. 

Edited by nicci78

Despite all the negative reviews we have seen about T, I find it a really good camera. Although I am now mostly using CL, I just couldn’t let it go and kept it as a backup. I am always impressed by how it performs, and it is alsosuch a pretty toy! ;) 

I hope to see you, folks, posting in T/TL photo gallery.

Actually, I just want to use the T for specific reasons

• Pop-up Flash. I want to make a different style of photography with it. The T is the only Leica (with interchangeable lens) that includes a flash. Maybe a little fed up with high ISO photos. I just want to experiment the old way to take snapshots. Of course I hate to bring a flashgun with me. Which are unfortunately too big for mirrorless, even SF-40.
  • Digital distance scale. As crazy as it sounds, only Ts and Xs cameras provides such a genius feature. No hope with the CL. Not sure why. Anyway it drives me crazy using APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60mm with CL. I intend to use this excellent scale for macro works. Tripod will be used. So CL high ISO capability is not very useful here. 
  • Cheap backup for not so great locations. Paired with cheap Elmarit-TL 18mm of course. 
  • Just to get hands on this gorgeous piece of machined CNC aluminium. Really beautiful.

Had several T's and a TL2 and really appreciated the simple interface and the on-board storage in case you run out of card memory. 

Unfortunately I much prefer an EVF to an LCD in normal usage and fiddling with the attachable EVF was a pain ..... so they were all traded in when the CL appeared. 

I hope to not be too disappointed. I will received it next week. It is only a backup camera, so not too many expectations from it. 

By the way, I bought it new from the french Leica shop photy.fr

Despite the huge discount, they still provide stellar services : battery charged ; sensor cleaned ; firmware updated to the latest 1.9 ;  camera thoroughly checked. And of course free shipping.  I really love Leica's resellers, their services are always top notch. 

I was drawn to the T when it was first released and the current market prices are getting so low that it is tempting to just buy one for the heck of it. It's a lovely camera. 

But what I should really do is use my M-D and CL more rather than buy another camera. And that's what I intend to do. :D

11 hours ago, nicci78 said:

Actually, I just want to use the T for specific reasons

• Pop-up Flash. I want to make a different style of photography with it. The T is the only Leica (with interchangeable lens) that includes a flash. Maybe a little fed up with high ISO photos. I just want to experiment the old way to take snapshots. Of course I hate to bring a flashgun with me. Which are unfortunately too big for mirrorless, even SF-40.
  • Digital distance scale. As crazy as it sounds, only Ts and Xs cameras provides such a genius feature. No hope with the CL. Not sure why. Anyway it drives me crazy using APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60mm with CL. I intend to use this excellent scale for macro works. Tripod will be used. So CL high ISO capability is not very useful here. 
  • Cheap backup for not so great locations. Paired with cheap Elmarit-TL 18mm of course. 
  • Just to get hands on this gorgeous piece of machined CNC aluminium. Really beautiful.

Actually, your first point was very important for me to not upgrade to TL2, and instead, to get CL (for which I am very happy). That little and "weak" flash of T has been extremely useful for me in different situations. Being used to always have Visoflex on my T, I could not have an external flash on TL2. 

During a trip to Key West, I was very surprised to find myself in the middle of "Fantasy Fest", and without that little flash, I could not get the shots of the following link. Of course, they are not perfect, but better than nothing! ;)

https://objectif.zenfolio.com/p565675227#h1c5ca0dd

For that kind of thing I always have the X2 in my car Never mind dirty nappy framing. ;)

24 minutes ago, Louis said:

Actually, your first point was very important for me to not upgrade to TL2, and instead, to get CL (for which I am very happy). That little and "weak" flash of T has been extremely useful for me in different situations. Being used to always have Visoflex on my T, I could not have an external flash on TL2. 

During a trip to Key West, I was very surprised to find myself in the middle of "Fantasy Fest", and without that little flash, I could not get the shots of the following link. Of course, they are not perfect, but better than nothing! ;)

https://objectif.zenfolio.com/p565675227#h1c5ca0dd

No kidding, at first glance I thought this was Donald Trump

https://objectif.zenfolio.com/p565675227#h6b85c16