estudiog

Coming from a M8 to M typ 262

Love the seamless transition, I went for the 262 because I wanted a stills only body. The shutter is soooo quite on this camera compared to the M8, will take getting used too.

My only thing now is, should I keep the M8 or sell it... I can keep as a piece of Leica history (first digital M body)... IDK

New here by the way, Greetings to everyone!

And a warm welcome!

Keep the M8; it is still a very capable camera, eminently suited as a backup, or for a two-camera/two lens setup. The photographic value is far higher than the monetary one.

Love my M262. Recently picked up an MP240 and M246 to shoot against it and have sent both back. The ‘262 is a great, lightweight, smooth-shooting camera and excellent DNG file quality.

Edited by Gregm61

I went back to an M262 and sold my M10 – I'm much happier with the 262 interface, menus etc, sacrificing ability to rearrange the latter and accepting loss of image quality at high ISO settings.

Someone else might looking for entry level digital M. It is up to you... 

I too went from an M8 to a M240. Love both cameras and I deceided long ago after selling a much loved M4-P that I only buy Leicas and never sell them. They are like parts of my family and the functionality has no value as compared to the memories and work produced by them.