Coming from a M8 to M typ 262

estudiog

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Love the seamless transition, I went for the 262 because I wanted a stills only body. The shutter is soooo quite on this camera compared to the M8, will take getting used too.

My only thing now is, should I keep the M8 or sell it... I can keep as a piece of Leica history (first digital M body)... IDK

New here by the way, Greetings to everyone!

And a warm welcome!

Keep the M8; it is still a very capable camera, eminently suited as a backup, or for a two-camera/two lens setup. The photographic value is far higher than the monetary one.

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I too went from an M8 to a M240. Love both cameras and I deceided long ago after selling a much loved M4-P that I only buy Leicas and never sell them. They are like parts of my family and the functionality has no value as compared to the memories and work produced by them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 5:37 PM, JOCO34 said:

I too went from an M8 to a M240. Love both cameras and I deceided long ago after selling a much loved M4-P that I only buy Leicas and never sell them. They are like parts of my family and the functionality has no value as compared to the memories and work produced by them.

I've been buying Leicas since 1966. Emphasis on buying. Never selling. I traded one collector lens which turned out to be unsatisfactory transaction so I learned my lesson. Think about it. On the forums photographers *only* lament the Leica equipment they've sold. I've never heard anybody complain about equipment they kept. My resources have always been limited so I don't have drawers and drawers of equipment. I only buy equipment I'm going to use. OT -- I went from an M8.2 to an M-P typ 240. It was an easy transition. The 240 is a winner.