Just dug out my old V-Lux 1 and tried to compare to the new LF1000. Better low light performance but I still like the color of the CCD of my V-Lux1.

It was raining everyday in the Pacific NW. When the weather gets better, I'll try to test the new V-Lux typ 114 against my old trusty V-Lux1.

"Artistic" shot (motion blur).😉

Rain streaks. Light trails. Impressive and creative, regardless of camera used.

Very nice.  I think you'll like the V-Lux 114, but there are a couple of reasons you might not encounter right away.  One is that you can overcome the auto focus and manually focus much easier and better than with the V-Lux 1 through 4.  Second, there is a menu opion to extend the long end of the zoom via an exceptionally effective program to 800 MM with virtually undetectable negative impact on image quality.

Thank you Stuart for the tip.I'll do just that and try it out tomorrow.  We are having a nice break in weather, maybe I can finally get some clear shots of the distant Mt. Ranier from the patio.😀

On 1/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, stuny said:

Very nice.  I think you'll like the V-Lux 114, but there are a couple of reasons you might not encounter right away.  One is that you can overcome the auto focus and manually focus much easier and better than with the V-Lux 1 through 4.  Second, there is a menu opion to extend the long end of the zoom via an exceptionally effective program to 800 MM with virtually undetectable negative impact on image quality.

Stuart,  is this an option only available for capture in jpeg format? 

I have just checked Stuart. Izoom is only available when capturing in Jpeg mode. 

Very nice.  Enjoy it,  as a number of your fellow forum members are, in Leica & Lumix version.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:32 AM, mikozia said:

When the weather gets better, I'll try to test the new V-Lux typ 114 against my old trusty V-Lux1.

Please do the test. I like the “look” of a CCD sensor, and would love to see a comparison between the V-Lux 1 & 114.