Ffordes stolen Leicas

PEF

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've dealt with Ffordes before over the internet and seen some videos they've made. They seem to be fabulous people and I hope they are made whole, financially and emotionally.

I've seen "far-away places" mentioned twice in this thread, and wonder what it means exactly. Is this an innuendo about particular countries or generically about the world minus Western Europe and the US (where most of this forum is from)? If so, there're ways to publicize these numbers there too.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've dealt with Ffordes before over the internet and seen some videos they've made. They seem to be fabulous people and I hope they are made whole, financially and emotionally.

I've seen "far-away places" mentioned twice in this thread, and wonder what it means exactly. Is this an innuendo about particular countries or generically about the world minus Western Europe and the US (where most of this forum is from)? If so, there're ways to publicize these numbers there too.

It's fairly well known that e.g. many 'fake' and 'messed about with' Leica cameras / lenses originate from 'far away places' … no need to specifically spell it out as to exactly where.  

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

It's fairly well known that e.g. many 'fake' and 'messed about with' Leica cameras / lenses originate from 'far away places' … no need to specifically spell it out as to exactly where.

dunk

That was my immediate thought - such a large theft looks planned with some care. There are many ‘far away places’, though not as far as where I live where people have money, admire the Leica brand and don’t really mind where the goods originate from. Those places also have limited to no arrangements where stolen goods can be recovered. It almost looks like stock for a new shop ... Edited by IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/1573849/thieves-steal-166000-worth-of-goods-from-camera-store-in-beauly/

…  and a Beauly antique shop was also targeted recently according to this article

dunk 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/1562321/two-men-sought-after-theft-of-jewellery-worth-more-than-3000-from-beauly-shop/

This article on the Beauly jewelry shop theft, which happened two weeks prior to Ffordes, mentions police interest in two men with "a European, possibly Spanish accent."

Edited by alan.y