actually a nice trip but...

BlackDoc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few  days ago i went to Torfhaus /Germany  (800m above sealevel at the harz mountains about 20km away from home), not only for hiking but after that also to buy some hiking stuff. Bad weather -> means rainy, foggy about 3°Celsius. Actually  it was a nice trip, and i got some nice weather sealded boots after all.

I would not write these words if nothing else had happend... After all i went home by car but had to stop for a "natural break" - and i have lost my car key....  I have  seearched for 30 minutes but did not find it, the weather went foggier and the "light" disappeared... my wife did not answer the phonecall, our daughters do not have a driving  license (too young) and i still did not find the keys.

So i called my father in law,  i asked him to pick up the second key from home and bring it to me, giving him a detailed description where i was (somewhere in nowhwere)... 

Not to forget the keys.... i kept on searching but almost two and a half hour later a made my decision to have a last try finding the key,  meanwhile using the flashlight of my iphone (don´t forget the scene in the rain and fog, and "Torf"haus is not a wrong word, in english Torf means peat, and the ground there is very wet.. the whole scene reminded me  to the scene of James Bond and his birth place in Skyfall-> low colours, foggy, cold, rainy....)

And just about two minutes (!) before my father in law arrived i really found the keys...  with that  i had a nice welcome to my father in law and we both drove home carefully (btw 2 car accidents on our way back home...)

Of course the SL was with me and i had to take some pics ....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by BlackDoc
  • Like 3

• Like 4

• Like 7

vor 59 Minuten schrieb Michael Geschlecht:

Hello Black Doc,

They are all nice photos.

It would be interesting to see all of them in color.

Grusse,

Michael

Thanks for your comment ...

i have decided to try this pic in SW as i saw some CA at the twigs

the color version:

• Like 2

Hello Black Doc,

These are all very nice photos. In all 3 ways.

None-the-less: I prefer the 2nd in color. Chromatic Abberations & all.

By the way: It is good that you found your keys. Interestingly, they were in 1 of the last places that you looked. Which seems to be what happens with a lot of people who lose things. 

Grusse,

Michael

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Michael Geschlecht:

Hello Black Doc,

These are all very nice photos. In all 3 ways.

None-the-less: I prefer the 2nd in color. Chromatic Abberations & all.

By the way: It is good that you found your keys. Interestingly, they were in 1 of the last places that you looked. Which seems to be what happens with a lot of people who lose things. 

Grusse,

Michael

Well, i have passed passed the location where i found the keys round about 10 times but did not see them.

The main difference could have been the keys reflection because of the flashlight.  But you are right, first of all i am very happy that got my key back 😀 and the seond thing is - i got some nice pics 😉

Jörn

Edited by BlackDoc