1. colonel

colonel

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob7P
      Hi,
      with the delayed CL2 anyone tought to buy a Panasonic S5? Lens are compatible and you get IBIS and even a full frame in a comparable compact package.. More Panasonic seems a "low brand" Leica because they share more than the lens: quality of photos should be high
    • By jheroun
      I recently was thrown off when shooting a location portrait with the sun behind my subject. The flare in the SL viewfinder made critical focusing or even viewing impossible. Shooting into the sun with its rim light effect on the hair is one of my go-to tricks in bright sunlight. It’s never been an issue with DSLRs. I’m thinking that because light is directly hitting the sensor in a mirrorless camera, this is an insurmountable problem. Has anyone experienced this?
    • By Herbertus
      Hi,
      as you have probably read the "title" you might already have an idea what my Problem is, but im going to give you a bit of background story. I hope its goint to make it more understandable.
      So i got my leica SL 1-2 Years ago. Since then i have updated the Firmware some times, since the 3.4 Update, i didn't do any updates. So a few days ago, i updated it, and lets just say, it wasn't the smartest decision. It locked the MC-21 out (which previously worked), and also some other lenses, i borrowed from a friend also didn't work.
      So now, is there any way i can like downgrade it? I tried "updating" to an older version but i just got an error.
      Please, if someone knows a solution to the problem, i would be very glad to hear it

THANKS in advance!!
    • By Herbertus
      Dear Leica Forum Comunity,
      i got my Leica Sl over 1 Year ago, and it might sound crazy, but i only used 3 EF-lenses Adapted to it. After some thinking, I decided to get some new glas, namly L mount glas. As much as i would love to get Leica lenses, i simply can not afford it. So i looked arround what i could use. I now come to a point were i have to make a decision. Is it more worth it to get Sigma glas, or more to get older R-lenses and adapt it to the SL.
      It would be great if someone could tell their experience using either of them on the SL
      Thanks for your replies
      Herbert
    • By lecycliste
      I'm already using a 35/1.4 Summilux-TL ASPH on a Leica SL2, but I'd like a much lighter load around my neck. (As I write this, I'm still recovering from being too stiff to turn my head from side to side or tilt it back without neck and shoulder pain.) I'm considering purchasing a used Leica CL and used Vario-Elmarit-TL 55-135mm f/3.5-4.5. 
      - Does the CL track just human faces, or will it track animal faces too?

- Does the CL allow you to choose the initial AF point? 
      - How well does the CL track moving faces at f/4.5 - does it lose focus with a subject moving towards you erratically at 3 MPH? At 15 MPH?

- How long is the battery life (# of shots) using just the EVF (no LCD)?

- I know the camera lacks external ports of any kind. Is there an external power solution using a dummy battery with cable to a USB external battery?

Thanks.