M7 for professional use - or how to cover a wedding

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Ko.Fe.:

You are not the first one to take it on Leica and film.

https://www.ascoughphoto.com/jeff-ascough-wedding/

http://www.beneden.com/wedding/

http://stevetingphotography.blogspot.com/2010/04/pete-sineads-wedding.html

and this one. 

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143949

It was high end photography, story told, but now most of it is gone now.

Yours is obviously different. Looks like a mix of repetitive photos, some of them are OK, some have weak developing (of bw and color) or something else which makes them looks sloppy.

This is the concept I didn't understand.

Thank you for your input in this conversation.

I never said I am the first.

It‘s totally fine that you don’t get it.

what in your eyes is sloppiness is exactly what makes these images what they are for me. I am bored by „perfect pictures“. That‘s why I left digital.

But as I said, totally ok that you like more the classic approach.

heiko

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m shaking my head as I’m reading some of the silly criticism of frogfish’s work here. I don’t pretend to understand all his work but can clearly see greatness in many of his shots. It seems a few pedants are ruining this forum. 

Edited by plaidshirts
  • Like 4

On 1/17/2019 at 5:32 AM, plaidshirts said:

I’m shaking my head as I’m reading some of the silly criticism of frogfish’s work here. I don’t pretend to understand all his work but can clearly see greatness in many of his shots. It seems a few pedants are ruining this forum. 

Sorry to disagree, but imho, actually the mindset of canvassing all members that happen to disagree with a specific artistic statement as „pedants“ is more prone to ruin a forum. Frogfish seems aware that by producing and publishing pointedly individualistic work, he will get a wide spectrum of feedback, and he seems perfectly able to handle it without any thought police.

Although that is beside the point, I personally find frogfish‘s work refreshing and stimulating, and even more so do I appreciate his courage to think and act outside of the box. Although most of his images do not resonate with me, some do in a very unusual way. I would not hire him, but then I have no plans for another marriage anytime soon ;) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, schattenundlicht said:

Sorry to disagree,

Please don't be sorry, but are you saying my opinion that someone is a pedant or being pedantic somehow restricts them from being so? That surely would ruin a forum and would not be my intention at all.

1 minute ago, plaidshirts said:

Please don't be sorry, but are you saying my opinion that someone is a pedant or being pedantic somehow restricts them from being so? That surely would ruin a forum and would not be my intention at all.

Maybe this thread has side tracked enough and I cordially suggest that we let it rest here. Kind regards.

We all have different visions and like different styles. Heiko presented us his vision which maybe not everyone likes but it's always interesting to see. As for me I like his style because not already seen so many times. But of course each one is entitled to his own opinion 🙂

robert

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interesting thread.

I can't say I'd hire Heiko to (exclusively) shoot my wedding - not that I'm likely to be getting married any time in the forseeable future - but they are certainly different and quite unique.

I like them a lot but I would personally also want some more traditional coverage as well - 2 photographers!

Am 30.1.2019 um 14:57 schrieb earleygallery:

Interesting thread.

I can't say I'd hire Heiko to (exclusively) shoot my wedding - not that I'm likely to be getting married any time in the forseeable future - but they are certainly different and quite unique.

I like them a lot but I would personally also want some more traditional coverage as well - 2 photographers!

haha, I understand (0:

However, we also do all the "standard" stuff. This is an add on...

heiko

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can see the appeal in this style of wedding photography because so much of what is on offer in that field is so very much the same. It seems Heiko's style, regardless of the medium, is drawn to the highkey and contrasty and for wedding photography that's quite refreshing. I also agree with Mathias below that while some photos do resonate with me, most do not simply because I would have approached the scene differently both when shooting and when developing and post-processing.

Thinking out of the box should always be encouraged imho.

br
Philip

On 1/24/2019 at 8:21 PM, schattenundlicht said:

Sorry to disagree, but imho, actually the mindset of canvassing all members that happen to disagree with a specific artistic statement as „pedants“ is more prone to ruin a forum. Frogfish seems aware that by producing and publishing pointedly individualistic work, he will get a wide spectrum of feedback, and he seems perfectly able to handle it without any thought police.

Although that is beside the point, I personally find frogfish‘s work refreshing and stimulating, and even more so do I appreciate his courage to think and act outside of the box. Although most of his images do not resonate with me, some do in a very unusual way. I would not hire him, but then I have no plans for another marriage anytime soon ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1