Partial circle in photos when shooting in DNG

Gravy_Rainbow

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, first time posting after receiving a restored M9 as a gift. I've noticed that each image I shoot has a slight semi-circle or arc in one of the corners. This occurs when I shoot with either my 50mm Summarit or 24mm Summilux. I've searched around a bunch but can't find any information on if this is normal or for any fixes. So far I've just been editting or cropping them out but that's getting pretty old real quick. Really sorry if this is a stupid question/issue but any advice would be great! Attached is a photo to illustrate the issue, the arc is in the lower right.

Thanks

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This was a big issue with some early M9s, reported around 2012. Oddly, the master page on the issue (with Leica's stated response) has gone into "page not found"-land, but here is one thread - looks really familiar.

Sadly, at this point, what with the later corrosion problem and a lot of other water under the bridge (the M9 design turns 10 years old this year) - it probably means a sensor replacement for about $1000-$1500.

Technically, it is a crack in the cover glass, not the sensor silicon chip - but they come as a "package" so the whole unit has to be replaced.

Edited by adan