1 hour ago, Torontoamateur said:

I am considering an Eve Ready case for my M240. I use a 90mm Elmarit. Which Case fits? Will the large front case fit?  What is your experience with an ever Ready Case in general ??

It’s nickname is “Never Ready”.

i could be wrong but I don’t think a 90 Elmarit will fit.

6 hours ago, rsolomon said:

Agree, what are you trying to accomplish?  If it’s protect the camera there are simpler and more elegant (from a usage perspective) solutions 

Its it have the camera around my neck but protected for when I am walking in this Rugby Match of Toronto streets ( no one is polite here. Seriously they walk into each other constantly and roughly) and for sitting on buses and other public transit. I have used a small camera bag but its not very good for opening quickly. I do need the Leica to have a neck strap and a bag with strap and Leica with strap is unworkable. Then too is a bag with no strap because it falls to the ground. The full case is needed and I winder if the Leica case is a solution and what lens I can fit when using the long or " large" front case. If there is an "elegant" solution please share. But I am most focused on the Leica Eveready Case. Just saying it is no good is of no help and I sort of disregard those comments.

I shall stick my head above the wall here and say I like 'ever ready' cases, the type that split that is, so I can use it has a half case when the camera is in use, and put the cover on to carry the camera in a rucksack etc.

If the Elmarit is the collapsible kind it will probably fit, but you need to try it with the particular case you're looking at.

Alternatively there's the Luigi cases which can be made to order - I'm sure he'd come up with a solution for you (just search Luigi and you'll find more details).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I bought my M9 I also bought the Leica Neoprene case, which from its feel is a soft, padded fabric-plus-something case. I bought the small(er) size (as it was in stock,and is also the cheapest in the Leica range...).

I transferred the case to my M Typ240. Like all such 'ever-ready' cases, it has its quirks: soon after purchase, I added a split ring to the fabric 'loop' from which the case is supposed to hang from the camera strap to allow the case to slide and hang more easily out of the way of the lens when shooting. It will just accommodate the (M9 or M) body with 75/2 Summicron attached, provided the lens is at infinity (i.e. not extended). I doubt it would take the body with a 90mm.

At the moment, I'm generally satisfied if not ecstatic; with experience, I think the larger neoprene case would have been better but have never seen one to try!

Edited by Richardgb
Forgetfulness

I'm in NYC walking the streets and find the following set-up works for me ....   i  have the M240, i go out with a 2 lens kit , 35 & 75 crons, the EVF , a few smaller items.  

I prefer the arte di mano half case here: https://artedimano.com/Leicacases

With a neoprene cover here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=leica%20neoprene%20case%20with%20long%20front&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ps

Camera bag i'm currently using the Ona "The beacon"  here:  https://www.onabags.com/store/small-goods/the-beacon.html?color=nylon

This looks interesting  for a single lens kit, i have zero experience with this product but may do the job:  http://www.angelo-pelle.com/tokyo-holster-1.html

i know many like the Angelo Pelle line above, and  leicatime lugi full cases here, terrible website scroll down and try to find the full cases.....  http://www.luigicases.com/a000-CasesforLeicaM.htm

i find using a half case is best  because its quick and easy, the neoprene is lite, covers against minor bumps or scratches and removes fast ,easy and can stuff in your pocket. i find the Ona bag is also simple and easy to walk with even the occasional bike ride, stores easy if i stop in a restaurant. All while being discrete about the value of contents. 

Edited by rsolomon
On 1/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, Torontoamateur said:

I am considering an Eve Ready case for my M240. I use a 90mm Elmarit. Which Case fits? Will the large front case fit?  What is your experience with an ever Ready Case in general ??

With all the hours of discussion and 'look at mine' photos that are possible on the forum when camera bags are mentioned you'd be missing out in getting a never ready case. Camera bags offer full value, especially if yours is more expensive then mine, but in practical terms an old army satchel bag is still better than a case.

38 minutes ago, plaidshirts said:

I was going to say buy both since you'd want your camera case to match your attire when roaming the tough streets of Toronto.

Oh, good. I'll shop around for flour sack  and burlap material.

4 hours ago, Torontoamateur said:

The Sartorial consequences can be tragic if I choose wrongly. Black is safe, Cognac is trendy. But now I found there is a Burgundy.

Doubt that you want input, like the everyready your mind is already made up.