Hi all,

I've done a bit of back-pedalling, looking for a similar question here, but having found none, I'm somewhat confident this hasn't been answered before.

So, hopefully, some of you may be able to provide an answer.

What I'm trying to achieve:

Using the EVF, I'd like to be able to use my right thumb to touch the LCD and focus; ideally using Touch AF + Release mode.

Naturally, I've tried setting the CL to Touch AF / Touch AF + Release, tried EVF-LCD Auto / Extended, but, of course, to no avail.

Am I missing something or is Touch AF limited to LCD mode only?

I think you answered your question in your last sentence. It's limited to LCD mode only. Which....I can understand.

I am right eye dominant, like you I presume. But a lot of people are left eye dominant and they would be in a world of trouble if

Leica would have implemented the feature you are looking for.

The LCD must be activated. Otherwise there is nothing to touch... Anyway, the wandering focus point is bad enough. If this were implemented it would make me sell the camera.😡

@MLochmansPhoto thank you for confirming! I'm actually left eye dominant, thus making my love for the CL even more peculiar. I understand what you mean by world of trouble - the idea that my nose would be constantly moving the focus point. One way that can be mitigated is the way Fuji does it: having only the right half of the LCD be touch-able, thus removing the issue of NoseAF (sic!).

@jaapv I've actually not experienced the wandering focus point issue. Now that I think about it, I haven't been frustrated by the non-locking dials of FW <2.0 either.

Thank you both for confirming that Touch AF is limited to LCD only.