CL Settings for Flash Photography

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I rarely use my SF-26 or any flash.  I decided to use it over the holidays for some family stuff and the flash is not firing.  I went to a Leica dealer and tested another flash which my CL fired.  Since I don't use it often, I can't figure out what settings I might have that is causing the SF - 26 to not fire.  I tried a Metz version (26 AF-2) and it won't fire either.  Any thoughts for me?

Edited by reynoldsyoung
add detail

My SF-26 works very well on the digital CL. Did you try to clean its electric contacts? As for the Metz version of the flash, it works with PanaLeicas but not with the CL which is not based on a Panasonic camera.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for that, lct.  I did clean them with no luck.  I contacted Mark Brady at Leica in NJ.  It has to go to Germany for repair.  I ordered another SF-26 from B&H...works perfectly.  So, I decided to keep the new one and trash the old.  Obviously something VERY wrong with the old flash and the repair/shipping/etc would probably equal the price of the new one.  

Thanks for the help, lct!!  I am now a happy camper although a bit lighter in cash!

• Like 1

Am 3.1.2019 um 08:46 schrieb lct:

My SF-26 works very well on the digital CL. Did you try to clean its electric contacts? As for the Metz version of the flash, it works with PanaLeicas but not with the CL which is not based on a Panasonic camera.

what a cute combo!

• Like 1