Problem with EVF

fvdv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have green lines in the EVF of the camera. It is the second time in a  year that I have this problem. The first time after the camera's guarantee had just ended, so I had to pay the cost of the repair (€ 818,20). It took almost four months to repair the camera in Leica Germany. They replaced the EVF. The problem was solved. We are nearly three months later and the problem is back. The green lines are once again visible in the EVF.  It has no effect on the pictures and they are not visible on the screen on the back of the camera. Has anyone else had such a problem? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have experienced something similar on my Q. They look more like "oily" or "greasy" bands extending from the top left side of the EVF toward the center of the screen (more than 1/3 of the screen estate is covered). Also in my case no effect whatsoever on the pictures and not visible on the rear screen.

The 2 years initial warranty expired also for me unfortunately: I will pay a visit to Leica shop soon, I am afraid...😪

On 1/1/2019 at 11:50 PM, MikeTaylor said:

Hi. If this is only three months after repair, I'd argue that either the repair was not successful or that the repair is still under warranty.

The camera returned to Leica this week through the store where I bought it. Leica informed me that they give a two-year warranty for a repair. 

At least it is under warranty, in my opinion the fact that this is an expensive camera, you paid once to fix the same problem, and you waited months for the first repair and will have to wait once again, Leica should do the right thing and give you a new replacement. Considering it happened again may indicate they don't know what it is or how to properly fix it.  Just  my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - this is what I'm seeing through my viewfinder:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

8 hours ago, Jonas Astrup said:

FYI - this is what I'm seeing through my viewfinder:

Same as mine, except mine is a bit more "extended" towards the center of the screen (roughly 1/3 of the total screen estate). Not yet visited the Leica shop, I'm afraid I should do it sooner rather than later....

On 1/18/2019 at 4:25 PM, Jonas Astrup said:

Yes, I sent them an email and they put me in touch with their nearest representative. In all fairness they responded quickly. I live in a country where there is no Leica representative so I will probably need to send it to them. 

This looks like a very good excuse to visit the Paris Leica shop for a weekend....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...