camera plate

kengai

I use a Really Right Stuff B9 plate. It is their universal plate. It has a lip on one side to prevent it from slipping. Mine here is not scratched up as it seems, that is clear tape I put on it to protect my camera.  I use it on the CL and my M10.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

3 hours ago, Bill W said:

I use a Really Right Stuff B9 plate. It is their universal plate. It has a lip on one side to prevent it from slipping. Mine here is not scratched up as it seems, that is clear tape I put on it to protect my camera.  I use it on the CL and my M10.

I use the same B9 plate. It has the advantage of being able to be fitted to the tripod in either orientation (cross wise or in line with the lens). I use this plate with several different cameras, it's proven to be quite versatile. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

43 minutes ago, pedaes said:

These are far and away the best value and excellent quality (IMHO). https://breakthrough.photography/products/universal-arca-plate

Very interesting product. The only issue is that it might not fit some RRS tripod heads. All of mine are RRS.

1 minute ago, Bill W said:

Very interesting product. The only issue is that it might not fit some RRS tripod heads. All of mine are RRS.

Well, the OP asked about Arca Swiss. If your RRS heads are Arca Swiss compatable these will be fine. They are only $10.

3 minutes ago, pedaes said:

Well, the OP asked about Arca Swiss. If your RRS heads are Arca Swiss compatable these will be fine. They are only $10.

I know they are Acra Swiss but this information was from the Breakthrough webpage regarding RRS heads.

25 minutes ago, Bill W said:

I know they are Acra Swiss but this information was from the Breakthrough webpage regarding RRS heads.

To be clear, they say they have had one customer say they had a problem. They fit Arca Swiss heads fine. Also, you  will not need to add any protection as they have built in pads to do this.

The only Arca-Swiss type plates I've ever had that didn't work perfectly with an RRS head clamp were Novoflex: their plates typically are 0.5mm thiner below the bevel profile than the Arca-Swiss spec and the older Lever Action RRS clamps cannot secure them without a shim placed underneath. Later RRS lever action clamps include an adjustment that works fine, as do the Arca-Swiss lever action clamps as well. (Never any problems at all with the traditional knob clamp types.)

I'm just not particularly fond of the Breakthrough plates look ... purely a superficial thing. I like the look and feel of RRS plates the most, although I have excellent Kirk Photo, Acratech, Duro, and FOBA plates as well. 

I have been using this from B & H:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Works well and you don't even know it's there.

Happy New Year all!