Voigtländer Ultron 35/2 and Color-Skopar 21mm f/3.5

feelssadman

Won't have time to take pics till this weekend sorry. Less magenta drift = less "red edge" or "italian flag" issues. Probably no more so than the Leica 21/3.4 asph at first glance but this remains to be tested. No six-bit coding. Same recessed part in the flange as other ZM and VM lenses currently so no screw in the way of the coding at all. Not sure any coding will be necessary. 

Edited by lct

Just to reassure M users. CV 21/3.5 vs CV 21/4 on M240. No 6-bit coding, no red edge correction, no vignetting correction. F/5.6, focus at infinity. 

CV 21/3.5:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

CV 21/4:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, lct said:

From your examples:
The CV21_3.5 have more sharpness in the edges and more accurate colors.
The CV21_4 have less cromatic aberrations.

I really want to see a ultron 35 21.7 vintage line vs new ultron 35 f2...

I check about once a day .... i don't see much news on either of these lenses..... i appreciate all that LCT has provided,  by now i would have thought there would be more "news and info" on these lenses, their  performance, etc. Oh well i'll keep on checking for now 

I want to see how these two lenses render on black and white film.  

My experience with modern Voigtlanders has been mixed.  I've used a pair of S mount Voigtlanders from 15 years ago on Nikon rangefinders, and they rendered cleanly with a modern look, but recently had a terrible experience with two modern F mount Voigtlanders with B&W film.  Got some weird results, using three different developers, and after 100' finally gave up.  Makes me think those latter two are optimized for color and/or digital with some strange coatings.   

Should probably just stay with Leica optics, they never let me down, but I like to experiment.   So I'm curious to see what these two new lenses do with B&W film.

Edited by SteveYork

These lenses look promising, but I can’t stand the pseudo-retro black/silver styling, nor the silver-nose bayonet for the lens shades. Leica lenses just look much nicer to my eyes.

I know that this is trivial, and that lenses are tools, they should do the job and who cares how they look. But it’s a show-stopper for me.

• Like 1