Voigtländer Ultron 35/2 and Color-Skopar 21mm f/3.5

feelssadman

1 hour ago, rsolomon said:

Please let’s us know some details, thanks in advance 

Ordered it for my digital CL. As much as i like my CV 21/4 i needed more sharpness at f/4 in a small package as well. The CV 21/3.5 should do it with less flare hopefully. I will post a couple of pics when i receive it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stephengv said:

I have the 21 f4 Color Skopar. I love the size and the image quality, except the "red corners" on my M240. Wondering how it compares with the new 21 3.5. 

My f4 worked quite well on my M9 when coded properly, and at low ISO settings where the in-camera edge corrections are most effective. I’ve heard it was worse on the 240, but the M10 is better with it than the M9. I don’t plan to get the 3.5 as I like the f4.

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Danieldouloslee:

unfortunately, @rsolomon, you may be out of luck. vignetting looks fairly strong from the photos posted here: https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167453&highlight=Ultron+35&page=2. And I do not believe it has coding, but can that be changed? I have my hopes up.

First, moste the pictures were taken with a Sony A7II and so vignetting is not a surprise!
Second, the vignetting ist not huge an can be easily removed in post.
For me the new Ultron 35mm f2 looks a lot more attractive (Bokeh, Flaring) than the  Leica Summicron 35 asph.

Another great an superior lens from Cosina!

Edited by cp995

Just received the new CV 21/3.5. I won't have the time to test it till the next weekend but my first impression on the digital CL is very positive so far. Feels sharper at f/3.5 than the CV 21/4 at f/4, flares much less than the latter and its higher contrast makes it easier to focus with the CL's EVF. Looks very well made as well and the little focus stick proves less awkward than expected. Only cons the lens is a bit bulkier than the CV 21/4 and DoF markings are hard to read on the glossy bottom ring of the lens. My advice as a CV (21/4) and Leica (21/3.4, 21/3.4 asph, 21/2.8 asph) user: If you plan to order any 21mm lens slower than f/2.8, take your time and try this little gem before deciding. FWIW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @lct for your quick insight.  

I too, have the 21mm f4 skopar and really enjoy its pancake like size.  It works well on my M9 with the right profile, but its always nice to have something that performs a bit better at a wider aperture, not that the skopar is all of a sudden bad.  But if i can get a tad more light,  this would interest me.

looking forward to images. Thanks!