Sign in to follow this  
stevenhuynh87

Why Leica X typ 113 does not have updated firmware?

Hi Steven,

All I can offer is, good question!  Leica sadly moved on from the X cameras. Without saying that Fuji are more attentive to their base, I have to say that sure seems to be the case here. 🐔

Welcome to the forum! :)

David

Leica does not really support the firmware of their "compact" cameras. The DLUX109 neither had firmware updates for years. Now, all hope is lost, since the new version is out.

When I look at Fuji and their update policy. That's simply amazing! You sometimes get a new camera with an update. ;)

But then, Fuji is much bigger than Leica. I guess that Leica just doesn't have the manpower to improve firmware constantly. The come up with some nee software versions for theis system cameras. That's all we can expect, I'm afraid.

Maybe nothing to update ? Camera already perfect as it is ? 

By the way T was a better buy. Constant updates transforming its behaviour for the best. 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:40 AM, stevenhuynh87 said:

Hi guys,

although leica x typ 113 is the great camera, it has not any updated firmware yet for over 6 years.

Do you know why?

Steven,

Probably Leica doesn't remember this camera exists. Shame, I think the X series had potential but they dumped it for the T series I think.