Display Settings - EVF-LCD {Merged}

Charles

3 hours ago, tommonego@gmail.com said:

I have the same question in another post, ordered the microbrushes and Eclipse from Amazon. 

This has been a constant problem for me, I clean the viewfinder multiple time while I am shooting, always carried Q-Tips but have switched to a microfiber cloth use an alcohol/water/dish soap glasses cleaner viewfinder and the little sensor but hasn't helped much. I get the menu on the LCD when I turn on the camera but after depressing the shutter I can't get the menu back on the LCD. Turn off the camera and back on again I get the menu on the LCD, press the shutter and again the menu on the LCD goes away. Constantly cleaning the viewfinder. Oh yes I wear glasses. 

Thx

Which micro rushes did you order?

Dan

• jaapv changed the title to Display Settings - EVF-LCD {Merged}

I picked up some micro brushes from Amazon, yes they work better than what I had been using, also ordered some Eclipse and was just told I won't have it until next week, so much for Prime. B&H doesn't ship Eclipse, no camera stores with in 100 miles. 

So used my glasses cleaner with the micro brush and no luck, LCD is still cutting out. Take my eye away from the viewfinder and LCD doesn't come back on, press menu and the menu only resides in the viewfinder. 

Edited by tommonego@gmail.com
new info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sent the camera to Leica after a go around with their triage person. Firmware 2.2 was supposed to take care of this problem, but didn't for me. I just got a note from Leica repair saying they were able to duplicate the problem and will do necessary adjustments or repair. I thought this might be a month long problem, so getting acquainted with my Nikon.