Display Settings - EVF-LCD {Merged}

Charles

23 hours ago, Charles said:

I am having problems getting the Auto and EVF Extended Display Setting to work.  They were working.  What could I have done.  I have tried reseting the camera but this does not solve the problem.

If I have the Display Settings set to Auto the LCD never comes on.  If I have the EVF set to EVF Extended, the Menu does not appear in the LCD and the LCD does not come on.

The proximity sensor on the viewfinder, as advised jaapv, cleaned? I read on the forums that a hair is small enough and the screen does not turn on. Still need to check whether any contact bent in the connector? If all contacts are intact, try cleaning the contacts EVF.

I had the same problem and no amount of cleaning helped - until I used a microbrush and Eclipse.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That's the only thing I don't like about the CL. The ocular keeps getting dirty and then the Auto function fails. Maybe I have long eye lashes or something but this happens frequently. Being so small it's also difficult to clean. Thanks for your tip about the micro brush Jaap, I know you told me about it when we met in Holland but my wife keeps forgetting to get me one. 😏

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem on my new Q. I was using EVF Extended and everything was working fine, until one morning the LCD wouldn't come on. I have written to Leica both in Germany and the US and no answer. I did a search for microbrushes and there are so many out there, but none like in your photograph. Also what is Eclipse?  Thank you.

It's interesting: I've been using my CL for almost a year now and have not once had the ocular get dirty, or had the EVF/Display fail to operate correctly. I don't know what I'm doing right! I'm serious. 

I have the same problem on my new Q. I was using EVF Extended and everything was working fine, until one morning the LCD wouldn't come on. I have written to Leica both in Germany and the US and no answer. I did a search for microbrushes and there are so many out there, but none like in your photograph. Also what is Eclipse?  Thank you.

To Jaapv

Thanks Does the size of the micro brush make a difference? Looking a the site that you sent, I realize my former dentist when she was retiring gave me a couple of tubes of micro brushes, although I don't know if there are the TRU brand. Do I wet them with Eclipse cleaning solution, then clean the eye piece/ocular? 

15 hours ago, ramarren said:

It's interesting: I've been using my CL for almost a year now and have not once had the ocular get dirty, or had the EVF/Display fail to operate correctly. I don't know what I'm doing right! I'm serious. 

You wear glasses don't you? I imagine that helps prevent oils etc. being transferred.

Edited by danielfrimley
Grammar

Thank you, Jaapv  I looked and micro brushes my former dentist gave me are TRU brand. I just have to order some Eclipse Cleaning solution.

I may take to my local Leica store on Tuesday to chat with them before I start cleaning the eye piece. All the best,

11 hours ago, danielfrimley said:

You wear glasses don't you? I imagine that helps prevent oils etc. being transferred.

I do wear glasses. My CL body shows the same amount of dust and grit in the crevices of the body that I see on any camera, mostly held there by finger and skin oils left from handling it. The viewfinder ocular looks a little dusty too. It's just never failed to operate correctly. 

Hi.

Having problems with the Display setting again. I am now carrying a Q tip with me to clean the area above the viewfinder. But I continually have the menu only in the EVF. When I first turn on the camera the menu shows on the LCD but just depress the shutter it disappears, and even if I take my eye away from the viewfinder the LCD menu won't turn on. Display settings

EVF-LCD = Auto, have tried EVF extended

EVF sensitivity = High, have tried Low too

Any suggestions? Getting tired of continually cleaning the viewfinder. 

Another observation I seem to be getting more dust on my lenses than with any other camera I have have had, been photographing over 50 years.

Thanks, Tom 

I have the same question in another post, ordered the microbrushes and Eclipse from Amazon. 

This has been a constant problem for me, I clean the viewfinder multiple time while I am shooting, always carried Q-Tips but have switched to a microfiber cloth use an alcohol/water/dish soap glasses cleaner viewfinder and the little sensor but hasn't helped much. I get the menu on the LCD when I turn on the camera but after depressing the shutter I can't get the menu back on the LCD. Turn off the camera and back on again I get the menu on the LCD, press the shutter and again the menu on the LCD goes away. Constantly cleaning the viewfinder. Oh yes I wear glasses. 

Thx

• jaapv changed the title to Display Settings - EVF-LCD {Merged}