Help Needed - X-Vario Image Playback Problem on LCD and EVF

mikej

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello and happy holidays, all!

I am writing for help from members with a problem I experienced while shooting my X-V yesterday.  When I looked at shots taken on the LCD and in the EVF, I saw red blotches in areas of high exposure, almost like a blown highlight indicator.  This happened in most high contrast shots, but not all shots taken.  The red areas were not apparent right after making the exposures, but came up later when reviewing the shots. 

Here are the shooting conditions: B&W natural mode, JPG super fine (no raw), ambient temperature about 40 deg. F,  battery ranged from full to 1/3, aperture priority mode, auto focus, ISO 400, daylight white balance.

I worried about having a sensor issue, but when I uploaded the shots, all looked correct and there were no red blotches or other issues with the exposures.  Since I saw identical problems in both the LCD and the EVF, I assume it could have been a problem with the PLAY function itself.  I have not been able to replicate the problem yet.  I re-installed the latest firmware version without problems as part of the “recovery.”

This is the very first problmem I have had with the functionality of the camera.  Has anyone experienced anything like this? 

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by mikej
added details