hunterspoint

Updating TL2 firmware

How long does it take to upgrade from 1.4-1.5. I started the update about 2 mins ago and it still says-firmware update in progress do not turn camera off or remove lens.  Am afraid it is stuck and do not want to turn off camera in the middle of it really does take that long..  in the event it does not complete the update.  What do I do? 

The hourglass is is not moving. It is still. Does that mean it is stuck. I have updated my TL and CL previous;y without an issue 

It has probably auto-powered off by now. Did you start the upgrade with a fully charged battery?

Camera still on with that messag. Only thing I can think of is to take the battery out but message sys not to do that during upgrade. I assume the battery will eventually run down 

Why not discuss this problem with your dealer? If there is a problem, he is there to help resolve it for you.

I did contact the dealer. Removed the battery despite the warning not to. Reformatted the card, redownloaded the software and it worked that time.

i removes the battery after about 45 mins of the hang up. Not sure why that happened but glad it worked.  Thanks 

Excellent. Building a good relationship with your dealer is valuable when problems or other Leica needs arise. I am pleased your problem is solved.