I know I have asked this before...But...

jimleicam3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, tom0511 said:

I wonder if there is any  difference between Artisan and other luxury bags.

Congratulations that you can take more time for photography and need to spend less time for work compared to others.

I think the difference to me is that they don’t look fancy at all, just clean and simple black bags that are well thought out and constructed. 

As to the second thing, I took the same liberties of declaring my situation ( successful photographer ) as those before did with theirs, 🙂

Happy Holidays all, make images in good health and good spirits!

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Consider a non-camera bag and add the insert of your choice. I have a lovely black leather satchel from Ecco, but unfortunately it's a flap-style messenger which sends me up the tree when trying to access gear quickly. For something expensive and luxurious but not immediately recognizable, check out Mulberry bags, including models like the Belgrave briefcase or Antony shoulder bag. Any of the document holder bags by Longchamp might be a good bet, too.

ONA Prince Street (dark truffle) was my choice: enough for my M10 (and a second camera body) plus two or three lenses and iPad.😜

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

I can't resist.  Unfortunately this model is out of stock everywhere.  Purchased in an Army-Navy store in Chicago sometime around 1970.  Picture from 2008.  The M2 has since been given a nice recovering and a complete rebuild, but the bag finally died.

RIMG3329small by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

In its heyday, this bag carried one M2, four lenses, a dozen cans of hand-wound Tri-X and various odds and ends.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

I can't resist.  Unfortunately this model is out of stock everywhere.  Purchased in an Army-Navy store in Chicago sometime around 1970.  Picture from 2008.  The M2 has since been given a nice recovering and a complete rebuild, but the bag finally died.

RIMG3329small by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

In its heyday, this bag carried one M2, four lenses, a dozen cans of hand-wound Tri-X and various odds and ends.

With an insert, of course?

Is that rust on the camera?

5 hours ago, TG14 said:

With an insert, of course?

Is that rust on the camera?

The bag had some pockets, which I stuffed with film.  Lenses just got wrapped in clean socks.

The body rusted a bit as the covering started to crack off.  Sherry Krauter, who did the CLA, told me there was also clear evidence of a long-ago immersion.  That might have helped me get it on student funds back when I acquired that kit.  But except for the 1/1000 speed, which was never reliable, it just worked.

I'm using a small https://www.sfbags.com/collections/ipad-pro-cases/products/tech-sling-bag as my everyday carry.

It also doubles to do more or less what I wanted out of a camera bag. Pictured is it with a new 11" iPad Pro w/keyboard cover, M10 w/ZM 35/1.4, and a 21/3.4 SEM in a neoprene case.

This does NOT have any bottom protection, so be prepared to cringe if you drop it :)

Edited by astrostl
images

• 10 months later...

I think I may have finally found the almost perfect Business Appropriate/Camera bag. It's a bag I've been looking at on and off for over a year now. The Oberwerth William Camera Bag. High quality leather fit for any business meeting or day to day office commute. Plenty of room to safely carry the M10 + a couple of lenses and typical business necessities. I carry the MacBook Pro 2018 15" charging brick some cables, a few folders, a notebook and pens, EarPods, business cards etc. Looks great and the strap/pad is very comfortable too.

Very oddly, and the only nit for me so far is I need a top handle for quick & easy grab and go without having to wrestle with or wear the shoulder strap. Unfortunately the top handle is a separate purchase 🤨I ordered the top handle of course but am not happy about paying another $99 for a top handle that IMO should have come with the bag in the first place. 

Other than that, the Oberwerth William bag seems to be the best professional looking, high quality, comfortable Business/Camera hybrid bag I've found so far. From boardroom to street photography this is the bag IMO. 

https://www.oberwerth.com/en/shop/camera-bags/casual/45/camera-and-messenger-bag-william

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1298725-REG/oberwerth_wi_ls_1901_william_gentlemens_bag_cow_hide.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A514&gclid=CjwKCAiA_f3uBRAmEiwAzPuaMxgq3OPMeCu8pYFg4tAQJ3QW-S5hzmaPihgBYvLLI-gnpvP-2kRc2xoCquIQAvD_BwE

Edited by LBJ2