I know I have asked this before...But...

jimleicam3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please let me paint a picture.. Sixty two year old doctor..still working and loving what he does...On his way to work...perhaps has some medical charts, perhaps some leftovers from the night before, but always his current M-10 with the lens Du Jour.  Just in case that Pulitzer Prize winning photo is just around the next bend.  I want and need that brief case!!  I am 62!!  Not looking for a backpack, not looking for the messenger bag that is made of some material that had it been on the Titanic, they could have patched the hole!  And guess what?  Not to say that money is no object, but I have been working like crazy for decades!  I am willing to pay for that perfect case.  What is that Case??

Charts, lunch, and camera??  Please let it match my tan pants and blue shirt!!

Cheers and Happy holidays!!

• Thanks 1

59 year old lawyer ... still working ...

I use a DotheBag Mono_9 from Monochrom.de  Black leather, it is a messenger bag (sort of), but it has space for my M camera, a spare lens, phone, keys, wallet etc - less, more, it works well.  It's just over A4 sized, so it fits a few papers ...

https://monochrom.com/en/taking-photographs/bags/photobags/dothebag-mono-09

• Like 1

Hedge Fund dude here - constant travel means dual purposing is a good plan. Picked up the Oberworth recently to house my GFX kit so far and also fit a laptop and pockets for other stuff you need to keep ...I can remove whole inside section housing camera and lenses and use it as an over shoulder brief case ...soft supple leather, German made high quality - won't embarrass you - liked it so much I even made a photo - here ya go..gives you an idea of size- Oberworth make one size larger - the William - linked to above...

atb 

Pete

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimleicam3 said:

Please let me paint a picture.. Sixty two year old doctor..still working and loving what he does...On his way to work...perhaps has some medical charts, perhaps some leftovers from the night before, but always his current M-10 with the lens Du Jour.  Just in case that Pulitzer Prize winning photo is just around the next bend.  I want and need that brief case!!  I am 62!!  Not looking for a backpack, not looking for the messenger bag that is made of some material that had it been on the Titanic, they could have patched the hole!  And guess what?  Not to say that money is no object, but I have been working like crazy for decades!  I am willing to pay for that perfect case.  What is that Case??

Charts, lunch, and camera??  Please let it match my tan pants and blue shirt!!

Cheers and Happy holidays!!

Why put that M10 in a bag? By the time you get it out of that bag to take your Pulitzer Price photo it will be gone. An M10 on a nice monarchstrap in yellow would be nice contrast to your blue shirt and tan pants. Yet I've found that a red messenger bag from Jack Spade with an insert from Tenba to be a great fit for me and my M's and paper work. Happy hunting for the perfect bag. Wish you more time shooting images for that Pulitzer Prize image than looking for a new bag. 😉

Edited by ru2far2c
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Been on a similar but yet unsuccessful Google, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo search quest for the last four months of 2018. I need a proper leather briefcase that can also carry and protect my M10 + one M lens. A 15" MacBook Pro Laptop/iPhone + chargers + other business essentials is a priority. Can't find anything that meets my needs so far, but found plenty of new "intelligent" designed messenger/backpack/sling bags for people that commute to work on a skateboard or on the other end of the market, premium leather camera bag products that might be able to also carry a small 13" laptop tend to look like a women's purse.

Looking forward to reading about what other business oriented people choose to carry their business essentials with camera + lens on a day to day bases. 

Edited by LBJ2

6 hours ago, PeterGA said:

Hedge Fund dude here - constant travel means dual purposing is a good plan. Picked up the Oberworth recently to house my GFX kit so far and also fit a laptop and pockets for other stuff you need to keep ...I can remove whole inside section housing camera and lenses and use it as an over shoulder brief case ...soft supple leather, German made high quality - won't embarrass you - liked it so much I even made a photo - here ya go..gives you an idea of size- Oberworth make one size larger - the William - linked to above...

atb 

Pete

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I've been eyeing this bag myself, but worry it's design prioritizes camera gear over business essentials and there doesn't seem to be a top handle. As a oft long distance road-warrior, I've found a top handle plus strap is very important for quick mobility on and off train, metro, plane, taxi etc. I need one bag that can manage both business and camera, not one or the other. Any chance you can PM me a casual snap with your buiness gear + laptop and one camera + lens in this bag. Thanks in advance. 

26 minutes ago, LBJ2 said:

Been on a similar but yet unsuccessful Google, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo search quest for the last four months of 2018. I need a proper leather briefcase that can also carry and protect my M10 + one M lens. A 15" MacBook Pro Laptop/iPhone + chargers + other business essentials is a priority. Can't find anything that meets my needs so far, but found plenty of new "intelligent" designed messenger/backpack/sling bags for people that commute to work on a skateboard or on the other end of the market, premium leather camera bag products that might be able to also carry a small 13" laptop tend to look like a women's purse.

Looking forward to reading about what other business oriented people choose to carry their business essentials with camera + lens on a day to day bases. 

What I do is I first find then-camera bag that fits my style/function needs and the I add a Billingham Hadley Pro or Hadley Small insert. In your case, a top handle and the ability to fit a 15" MacBook comes first then it just need to be wide enough to fit the insert. Hope this helps. I rotate my M's this way between Ecco, Armani and Coach bags with ease.

• Like 1

Crumpler Haven inserts are designed for other bags; they're more flexible in shape than standard inserts, have a drawstring top, and are convenient to handle separate from the bag. My small Haven (good for one camera/lens - you need one of the bigger ones for a second lens) goes in whatever other (non-camera) bag I happen to use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemgb said:

I've been looking for a combination lunch/camera bag for a while as well, for some reason they seem hard to find, especially if you want the lunch side to be insulated. 😁

You could look at fishing bags, like a Hardy, with a waterproof inner compartment for holding wet fish (or your lunch) to keep it separated from the cameras.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LBJ2 said:

I've been eyeing this bag myself, but worry it's design prioritizes camera gear over business essentials and there doesn't seem to be a top handle. As a oft long distance road-warrior, I've found a top handle plus strap is very important for quick mobility on and off train, metro, plane, taxi etc. I need one bag that can manage both business and camera, not one or the other. Any chance you can PM me a casual snap with your buiness gear + laptop and one camera + lens in this bag. Thanks in advance. 

As a practicing lawyer, I’ve been looking for the same thing. I have the William and while I like it, it is too camera-centric for an M and one lens. And I don’t like that it doesn’t have a handle. Oberwerth sells one as an add on, but it appears to work as well as add o s do. 

I’ve resorted to using my Marshall Bergman bag for work stuff and carrying the M over my shoulder. If I need a bag for the M, I bring the Oberwerh George (?), the small bag for the SL and one lens. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Agent M10 said:

As a practicing lawyer, I’ve been looking for the same thing. I have the William and while I like it, it is too camera-centric for an M and one lens. And I don’t like that it doesn’t have a handle. Oberwerth sells one as an add on, but it appears to work as well as add o s do. 

I’ve resorted to using my Marshall Bergman bag for work stuff and carrying the M over my shoulder. If I need a bag for the M, I bring the Oberwerh George (?), the small bag for the SL and one lens. 

Disappointing but as expected. Thank you for confirming.

After too many hours searching I came upon one bag that seems to meet my personal design requirements for business + camera/lens as needed, but a little too casual plastic for professionals IMO. Would love to see this bag made with a quality leather exterior. Seems to be a very smart design otherwise  https://www.nomatic.com/products/nomatic-messenger-bag

https://www.onabags.com/store/messenger-bags/the-union-street.html?color=walnut

I have this. But my job is photographer, not sure if it work will work for jobs that need suits. You can carry it like a briefcase if you want.

Given that briefcase designs generally would not suit most photographers - I don't think you're gonna get much closer to this. 

1 hour ago, Agent M10 said:

I wonder if anyone has tried the Leica Day Bag for the Q with an M.