redkea

Leica T or TL?

And how would the freeze be compared to the EVF3? Is it just as bad?

And to understand correctly, with a 6bit M lens it does magnify automatically on the TL? 1X? By just turning the focusring? 1X would be enough.

The sticky thing I don't really understand.

3 hours ago, johntobias said:

different comparison, I've a T and a CL.......love them both but the T high iso performance is much worse than the CL.  I limit the T to about 800 max iso and to be honest , at 200, results are VERY VERY similar to the CL.      bear in mind, manual lenses won't be as easy on a T as it doesn't use focus peaking

What is 'much worse' ? Could you detail this a bit more? My M8 at 640 (800) is the limit. My TL I think perfoms quite well to 3200. Personal taste aside, could you please break it down a bit why you think it's so bad?

22 minutes ago, jaapv said:

No, it will not bring it up automatically.

That's a real shame, quite a costly (360,-) adapter ring. I might then buy the novoflex (150,-) since at the moment I only have the old (uncoded) lenses anyway. And a question to you Jaap since I know you have the Summicron-C 40mm, how would you compare it to the 23mm Summicron-T?

To me the 40mm feels a lot sharper and brilliant on the M8, I can't wait to try it on the TL.

Just to compare, this is one of my favorite photo's of my son, when I zoom in to his eyes, it's all so brilliant, the DOF rendering so nice, could this be less with the Summicron-T?

Just an amateur, I don't know all the technical descriptions of the lenses.

If you use an off-brand adapter, you cannot use the wheel for magnification.

The Summicron-C 40 lives quite happily on my CL. Brilliant little lens (Yes, I know the camera is dirty, I have been using it ;) )

On 12/23/2018 at 11:56 AM, Naampje said:

What is 'much worse' ? Could you detail this a bit more? My M8 at 640 (800) is the limit. My TL I think perfoms quite well to 3200. Personal taste aside, could you please break it down a bit why you think it's so bad?

low light performance , I tend to use auto iso so I can stick with wide apertures...I have to limit the T to 800 or so as above that, it produces noisy files...the CL however produces usable stuff well up to 3200...I think I'm ultimately going to sell the T (much as I love the ergonomics) and my 18mm to fund an 11-23 TL.