Looking for an original box for R9

CharlesA

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently purchased an R9 that is in absolutely mint condition.  Looks like it has never been used. I would love to purchase an original box for this camera if someone has one they are willing to part with. I’ve contacted Leica in Germany as well as Leica stores in the US to no avail. Thanks for any assistance or suggestions. By the way, I check Ebay on a regular basis as well. This is truly a fantastic camera and sure would love to pair it up with the box and any associated documentation. 

Charles, welcome to the Forum. You might have more success by posting in the Classified section (buy and sell as it were).  The problem with boxes though is that they have on them the details (serial number etc') of the original equipment contained in them, so would not match your camera.

John,

Thanks for the welcome. I originally attempted to post this in the classified area but ran into some problems inputting info in some of the “required” fields. But as you can tell, I’m a “newby” so I may give it a try again. Agree, that is a better spot for this post. By the way, I’ve read several of your replies to post’s in the forum—they’re spot-on.  So thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I also understand what you mean about the original boxes being attached by serial number to the camera so I may actually give up the search just the same. I actually traded a R8 (in original) box for the R9 that was advertised to come with the original box. Consequently, after I received the R9, I was told the R9 listing was incorrect and it did not include the box as well as other items included in the listing. Mind you, this is a major camera retailer in the US that I will not name.  To their credit, I was able to negotiate a much lower price for the R9 body alone. Thought about canceling the trade but what they sent me was an absolutely beautiful R9 body that works fine. As the saying goes, “now you know the rest of the story,” 

Charles, that is indeed very helpful, interesting and informative. Thank you, and thank you also for your generous comments about my posts. Do enjoy your R9, the camera is the important thing, not the box, and it is indeed a fabulous camera! Do keep on posting.

Yes, the R9 is certainly worthy of all the accolades from what I can tell so far. But I’m still learning things about the camera— patients mostly. Although I started out with film back in the late 70s (Nikon F2SB), I did jump on the digital bandwagon. Now back to film for the most part. We’ll see how it goes.

• Like 1