Sears 1958 Price List

zeitz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Folks seemed to like the Jessop's price list posted by Dunk.  Sears had amazing catalogs back when they new they were a mail order company.  I'll be posting 4 pages from the price list.  It includes Leica, Nikon, Canon, Contax and Sears' Tower (Nicca) as well as lenses and accessories.  Attached is page 6.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here is page 7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Page 11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And Page 12 with Canon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And the Canon Vt1 with F 1,2 50 at the same price (2 $ more…) of the M3 with F 2 50... while Nikon had a F 1,1 50 (for 39 $ more) .. intriguing choice B)

(also intriguing the Canon 800mm … I wonder how many are still around...)

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Luigi, the only Canon 800mm of this model that I have seen with a visible serial number is sn 10034.  This lens was offered for sale by Mike Otto at Pacific Rim Camera many years ago.  It had been modified to remove the reflex housing and mount it to a Topcon SLR.  This lens appears is Peter Kitchingman's fabulous book on Canon RF lenses.  A You Tube video also shows the lens, but the sn is not visible.  The lens was on display at the JCII camera museum in Tokyo.

Randol Hooper in a Viewfinder article (Volume 26, Issue 3) states that the lens was ordered by and went into production for the US Army Signal Corps.

There were two later versions of the lens; one was for Canon's Mirror Box I, the other was for Canon's Mirror Box II.

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, zeitz said:

Luigi, the only Canon 800mm of this model that I have seen with a visible serial number is sn 10034.  This lens was offered for sale by Mike Otto at Pacific Rim Camera many years ago.  It had been modified to remove the reflex housing and mount it to a Topcon SLR.  This lens appears is Peter Kitchingman's fabulous book on Canon RF lenses.  A You Tube video also shows the lens, but the sn is not visible.  The lens was on display at the JCII camera museum in Tokyo.

Randol Hooper in a Viewfinder article (Volume 26, Issue 3) states that the lens was ordered by and went into production for the US Army Signal Corps.

There were two later versions of the lens; one was for Canon's Mirror Box I, the other was for Canon's Mirror Box II.

Thanks Zeitz !!!  Well… a good  beast… but my Telyt-S 800 is definitely nicer… B) and a lot lighter too (15 lbs. vs. 36)

Edited by luigi bertolotti