London Meet Up over Christmas

jcraf

Advertisement (gone after registration)

London Christmas get together around the Paddington Basin and Little Venice

The week between Christmas and New Year is that awkward week when the Christmas festivities are behind you, the New Year celebrations are ahead of you, you’ve had enough turkey sandwiches to last till next Christmas and you’re treading water wondering how to avoid torturing your credit cards even further at the January sales.

So why not get together with a few like-minded forum members for a few sherbets, wines, or coffees and nibbles, share a giggle or two, talk plenty of nonsense about nothing in particular, and take a relaxing photo-saunter around the Paddington Basin and Little Venice on Saturday 29th December?

Farnz and I have planned a leisurely route that should cater for most stages of athletic decline (particularly our own!) with potential stops for refreshment should such a desire beset us or should any of us simply feel the urge for a little sit-down.

It would be great to see faces old and new, and of course partners are, as always, most welcome to come along. So if you’re interested in joining us then please post so below to give an idea of numbers.

We’ve chosen a leisurely rendezvous at 11 am at the Mad Bishop and Bear pub on Paddington station to avoid those travelling some distance having to get up before the witching hour to join us.  The Mad Bishop and Bear is upstairs at the Hilton end of the station, past the buffer stops, in the big, glassed-off bit.

If you’d like to swap numbers in case something delays you etc then please PM your number to Pete or me.

The details:

Saturday 29th December

11 am

The Mad Bishop and Bear

London Paddington station.

Best wishes

John

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would have loved to join you but Christmas arrangements prevent! I attended Paddington Tech in the late 70s and spent many lunchtimes walking round Little Venice. It would have been a great trip down memory lane!

Hope you have fun 👍🎄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

I would have loved to join you but Christmas arrangements prevent! I attended Paddington Tech in the late 70s and spent many lunchtimes walking round Little Venice. It would have been a great trip down memory lane!

Hope you have fun 👍🎄

Thanks David.  You and Lynn will be missed. Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Like 3

Season's greeting to everyone!

Looking forward to our London meet on the 29th, as per the details in post #1.  So far we have:

Pete

John & Sonia

Ivor & Elaine

Dan & Ritsuko

Graham (?)

Terry

Tom and Eileen

It looks like the London Underground is due to be running normally on the day. It seems there is some disruption to National Rail services in and out of Paddington itself (and probably elsewhere) , and the DLR, TfL Rail and London Overground are partially closed. The TfL website will keep you updated on status and planned closures:  https://tfl.gov.uk/  The National Rail website is also useful: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

All are welcome to come along. Just confirm your attendance by posting here, or via pm to me or Pete, so we know who is coming (helps before we move off from the initial meeting point), although we will probably be there for at least an hour before we move off.

Best wishes, John.

Edited by jcraf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1