Jump to content
jrp

Fuji GFX vs SL

Recommended Posts

But that’s no problem, almost all older lenses can be adapted to the SL. The problem exists only with newer lenses for mirrorless cameras.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, caissa said:

But that’s no problem, almost all older lenses can be adapted to the SL. The problem exists only with newer lenses for mirrorless cameras.  👍

A lens already adapted with a fixed mount type (GFX for instance) requires an adaptor to fit another type of camera (SL being discussed) so it can be used on both cameras..

 

Edited by JMF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are adapters for many mf brands to Nikon or Canon (fotodiox), and there are many adapters from CaNikon to L-mount.

With Fuji G this is not possible, you would need a direct adapter which is currently not available as far as I know. Maybe fotodiox will also develop this, you could write them an e-mail.

Edited by caissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, caissa said:

There are adapters for many mf brands to Nikon or Canon (fotodiox), and there are many adapters from CaNikon to L-mount.

With Fuji G this is not possible, you would need a direct adapter which is currently not available as far as I know. Maybe fotodiox will also develop this, you could write them an e-mail.

We're talking about GFX to SL.  Yes,  maybe a different manufacturer will make one such adapter, Kipon did not AFAIK.

Edited by JMF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JMF said:

Some of us have third party "analog" MF lenses adapted to the GFX mount and using them on the SL mount bodies would be welcome.

 

I think the problem is that the length of the, for lack of a better word, bayonet part of a GF lens is about the same as the extra flange distance of a GF over an SL lens. That might not be a problem if the throat diameter of the L-mount was larger than that of the GF mount but exactly the opposite is true. Hence there would be zero chance of mounting a GF lens on an SL camera as the adaptor is geometrically impossible to make, if I've got my thinking head on straight. Personally I can't see the point of wanting to mount GF lenses on an SL but I guess that's a whole 'nother ball of cheese. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bob Andersson said:

I think the problem is that the length of the, for lack of a better word, bayonet part of a GF lens is about the same as the extra flange distance of a GF over an SL lens. That might not be a problem if the throat diameter of the L-mount was larger than that of the GF mount but exactly the opposite is true. Hence there would be zero chance of mounting a GF lens on an SL camera as the adaptor is geometrically impossible to make, if I've got my thinking head on straight. Personally I can't see the point of wanting to mount GF lenses on an SL but I guess that's a whole 'nother ball of cheese. 😀

It's all about curiosity and experimenting, cheese testing. 🙂

I have a 38 Zeiss Biogon adapted to GFX mount, a 37.5 SOM Topogon also, among others. They perform nicely on the GFX 50S, both could fare well on the SL 601 .

Edited by JMF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, caissa said:

 

For the Hasselblad it is only 18.14 mm, so theoretically possible, but the camera has no shutter ...     😈

They updated their firmware to allow you to use the electronic shutter with non native lenses.

Specifically, the request was made by a couple of review writers regarding using their M lenses on it

Edited by Brian C in Az

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, caissa said:

To complete this speculation about adapting digital mf lenses.

Hasselblad lenses (XD) can therefore also not be adapted to GFX or SL.

Are you sure? I thought I read that they were able to adapt leaf shutter lenses on the Fuji

Edited by Brian C in Az

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×