Leica M10-P Turning on problem

kArthie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone!

I purchased Leica M10-P from the Leica Store as a brand new for 2 months. It's start acting weird. When I turn on the camera, it takes a little bit longer to display the frame line and there is a blinker "Sd" at the display in viewfinder. When this occurs I cannot use any functions of the camera such as LV, Play, or Menu. There is nothing comes up on the display but the shutter can be released but the picture does not record to SD card. I've tried swapping the full battery, changing SD card, formatting SD card but it does not solve this problem. The only solution is I have to format SD card and not to use over 20 GB on card. My memory card are 64 and 32 GB Sandisk 95MB/s Extreme Pro Exfat try formatting on both Mac, PC, and camera itself.

I uploaded on Youtube in this Unlisted link https://youtu.be/b0lhzJSNFDY

I will appreciate if whoever had experienced something like this and share your solution to fix it.

Thank you very much

9 hours ago, jdlaing said:

Bad SD card.

You should always format the card in the camera.

Thank you. I have tried format everywhere. It occurs when I shoot about 10 GB on card. :(

8 hours ago, jaapv said:

Actually, this sounds like counterfeit cards. Get a Sony (AKA Lexar) card from a trusted supplier. For correct formatting in the computer, use SdFormatter (free).

Thank you. I will try Sony SD card from Sony centre in town first. I always use SD formatter actually.

19 hours ago, 250swb said:

Format the card in the camera.

I have done it so many times. The problem shows up with any SD cards with in-camera formatted.

19 hours ago, DAU said:

Look into the SD card slot in the camera and check to see whether there are any damaged contacts or foreign bodies in the slot, such as lint.

Thank you will check this first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/18/2019 at 9:52 AM, thecandidguy said:

Hi jaapv, here is the video ive made 

maybe you can help me with this problem?

Hi thecandidguy,

This is exactly the same as mine. I sent the camera in all the way to Singapore then went to Germany to change the logic board. That was 4 full months in turn around service. After I picked up the camera once it returned, the touch screen does not work. I contacted to Leica Camera AG again. They have asked me to send it in "again" so I packed all the camera in the box included with all accessories and took it to my local Leica store (I live in Thailand) and told them that I am not happy at all and I don't wish to get this camera back. I've asked them to find the best solution for me. If I am not happy, I will sue them. That is the way I solve the problem. (now I am still waiting as of 20190605). Now I haven't used my camera for 5 months already and it's counting.

If you want to take your camera to service, it will cost you 4 months at least and not sure that you will get another problem back or not. RIP Leica warranty service for premium goods.

Will come back again when I get any updates.

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 12:43 AM, Amixa said:

I had the same issues with my M10. After some testing with different SD cards, I reached out to the Leica support. Unfortunately, I had to sent it in and they replaced the "Board Set". No more issues since then.

That was good for you, mine the touch function does not work and need me to send it in again. World class Leica warranty service QC.

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone, just got my m10 back. i gave it to my local distributor, and they ask me if i want to send it to singapore, or leica in ginza japan, so i decide to send it to ginza. they say its faster than singapore, so i agree, its 2 full month since i send it and i got it back, still in waranty period, so all free.

the thing is...

they said they cant figure it out what causing this kind of problem, so they just replace the whole memorycard module

i saw the bill repair cost is 3000 japan yen, but its free for me, so yeah, still a mistery

been using it for a day, all seems fine, will update if theres anything new

• 8 months later...

Same symptoms here with a M10P bought in DEC2019 at the Dubai Leica Shop. I have noticed it does not happen with a battery fully charged and just inserted, but as soon as the battery gets down to 60%-50%, one of two turn-on fails...No red LED showing startup and camera is fully frozen, only "Sd" is blinking in the viewfinder....I keep trying all sort of SD cards, from the cheapest to the most expensive ones, but no happy outcome so far. On his website, Thorsten Overgaard, has recommended some SD over others, but still no definitive solution. Bottom line, you pay for Leica quality and end up with a non reliable camera....

On 4/18/2019 at 4:52 AM, thecandidguy said:

Hi jaapv, here is the video ive made 

maybe you can help me with this problem?

First insert a fully charged battery - this one is down to one bar - possibly on the verge of totally empty.

• Like 1