peterv

Where is that handy 'view first unread' function?

Hi everyone,

Since the forum update, which is nice, I'm missing the handy 'view first unread' function. I guess I'm just stupid/blind but I can't find it anymore.

It used to be very easy to go the latest post I hadn't yet read in a thread, now I have to manually scroll through the pages.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Create an activity, My Activity Streams looking like this:

click on the star or dot at the beginning of each result to go to the first unread message in the tread.

Thanks, I guess that might work, but then you have to always let the forum know that you are following a thread by clicking on that button and go through this menu you showed. This seems like an awful lot of work compared to just clicking first unread on the top of page of the thread one is following.

Anyway thanks!

Edited by peterv

vor 2 Stunden schrieb peterv:

This seems like an awful lot of work compared to just clicking first unread on the top of page of the thread one is following.

Not at all.

The answer to your question depends on how you navigate the forum.

If you open the tab Forum and follow the forum's structure, you will see a bullet in front of each thread that has unread posts. Click on the title of the thread to see the first post, click on the bullet in front of the title to see the first unread post.

If you use the unread content link, clicking on the title of the thread brings me straightaway to the first post I haven't seen yet. The unread content link works perfectly well without following any of the threads. 

13 hours ago, DAU said:

If you open the tab Forum and follow the forum's structure, you will see a bullet in front of each thread that has unread posts. Click on the title of the thread to see the first post, click on the bullet in front of the title to see the first unread post.

This! Thank you so much! This is all I needed to know, very handy for the way I follow the threads I'm interested in. 

And click on the time of posting on the righthand side under the poster's name to go to the last post.