Wrist and Sholder Strap for the SL

Danno_photoguy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wrist and Shoulder Strap at the same time for the SL

I just got the SL and I wanted a shooting experience like that of the R8 DMR.  For me, that meant the use of a wrist strap while also have the ability to have a shoulder strap at the same time.  After a day or so of experimenting, this is the solution that I have in place now. I took the wrist strap from an old Leica film winder (not unlike the Leica Wrist Strap for Multi-Function Hand Grip for S2 Camera, that you can still get today) and also added the Peak Design Slide Lite (SLL-BK-3) shoulder strap.  Due to the Slide Lite anchor link design, one can fit the two together on the SL mounting lugs.  One can also easily remove and reattach the shoulder strap as needed.  

Understand that you may have a better solution, but I just wanted to share the one that I had.  I am still testing it out, but it appears to be working for me.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Danno_photoguy
I stated M8, instead of R8
  • Thanks 3

I'm using a similar setup.  

Bought the Leica SL Battery Grip and the S-handstrap.  Managed to salvage my Nikon AH-4 buckle that has 3 holes/eyelets.  Two of the holes will be used for the S-handstrap whilst the last eyelet is for the camera strap.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotonutzz

That is a cool solution.  I could not find a 3 slot buckle, but I can see how that can work.  Although it is my first time using it, I do like the fact that I can remove the Peak Design (SLL-BK-3) shoulder strap.  

What release button have you placed on the SL?  I feel as if I could use a but more relief and would like to try it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’ve been using the Really Right Stuff L bracket and wrist strap.  It doesn’t look very secure but the connector is used by the military for their rifles and is very reliable.  I’ve been using it for some time now including a couple of weeks hiking in Switzerland and it works great.