The Longevity of the M60

setuporg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

As seen in your picture, this is the one unit from the last of production run "599/600" .

Indeed — and it was made in early December 2014.  That puts to rest a speculation of whether Leica made them all at once or kept going with demand, as @ramarren and others had discussed a couple years out when it was still available new at the dealers.  It’s interesting how it’s almost gone everywhere.

What I realized is that it is important for me what æsthetics the camera has — the beautiful Hasselblad X1D wins me over over functional Fujifilm GFX50 in the medium format space.  Thus the M60 is an additional pleasure to behold and make excellent photos with.  Getting ready to use it, I’ve reread every piece of the Web content ever written about it, including all the threads here, by @IkarusJohn and others who had or have it.  It’s funny how the shutter sound was worried about when in reality it is the same as the M10.  The strap lugs are unnecessary for me as I’m using Luigi cases and he makes a special one for it, with the strap being a whole with the case.  And the provided case is the most beautiful one, supposed to hang on your neck and then just right length.  

Going back in time just on the cusp of the M10-D might seem paradoxical, but the very idea of the screen lessdigital was born with the M60, and the original debates were fresh and groundbreaking.  The M10-D provides a way out so it’ll never be quite the same, although a beauty all of its own.  I’m proud Leica trusts there are a few folks who will appreciate this amazing achievement and actually use it for years to come.  Just got the batteries — boy do they last for days!

Edited by setuporg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am 4.12.2018 um 01:01 schrieb IkarusJohn:

There’s actually an M60 stainless steel 35 Summilux on eBay for sale in Auckland, of all places!  IT’s a temptation I can resist, but it is a beautful lens if 35mm is anyone’s thing.

Leica Summilux-M 35mm F1.4 ASPH FLE Stainless Steel - Leica 60 - M60 - with Hood https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173633095421

You can buy the package for 10 K:

https://www.kamera-express.nl/product/12201236/leica-m-edition-60-typ-240-/?channable=e13909.MTIyMDEyMzY&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9K3F3pST3wIVDM53Ch0eog9KEAQYBSABEgL11_D_BwE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Paulus said:

Thanks Paulus - I think I’ve moved on. @a.noctilux might be interested, though.

One day, I might pick up another M Edition 60 set, but the M10-D has more appeal at the moment.

• Like 2

Titanium lenses look quite alright on the M60.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Hello, I just joined forum and I seek anyone's advice : 

I am tempted to trade my second hand M60 for the new M10 for the reason of weight and convenience.

I love my M60 but it's weight bothers me during my travel plus I miss the LCD screen at times. I have owned my M60 for 2 years now. 
Thank you for any advice.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 6:04 AM, a.noctilux said:

Hello Elmadi,

Had you done the trade M60 for M10 ?

Just curious, can you share the M60 serial number (as xxx/600) if you don't mind of course.

So much sorry for my late reply. No I have not trade it yet; deep inside I might regret. My M60 is one of 600 while the M10 is one of many. If Only have extra cash lying around; I will just buy the M10 body

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...