Born in the saddle.

Bo-Sixten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Charming environmental portrait documenting an old fashioned way of life. Looks like myself and my siblings when we were small.

I hope you don't mind me commenting, but I prefer my mono images with a bit more contrast and bite, rather than the graduated tones in your image. I have tweaked it a bit in SFX Pro and LR6. Doubtless I will be shot down in flames :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for your comment Charlie. I'm glad you liked my photo. Your approach to BW certainly works well for you when I looked at your very engaging, excellent photos from your web site.

Your edit of this photo communicates differently. For my taste that fits well with a lot of reportage style or harsh environment pictures, which I also like a lot. But I also like the smooth rendering and soft grey scale in BW conversion coming from the pre asph lenses, especially for portraits. Cheers.

Edited by Bo-Sixten

A stunning portrait with perfect context! The edited version does not fit, especially the kid's face is rendered almost featureless and stands out too much. However, I agree that the original might be improved a little bit with careful treatment, especially of the mother's face.

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1