Jump to content

D-Lux 7 Bluetooth Connection


drgek
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

All,

I received my D-Lux 7 today and am trying to connect it via Bluetooth. I've established a WiFi connection. The manual (and the camera itself) says to press the Bluetooth button on the home screen of the Fotos app, and said button doesn't exist (at least that I can determine.) Any thoughts or comments? I seem to recall similar glitches when establishing a connection with either my M10 or Q.

Thanks.

Gary

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, ju41 said:

update just arrived today

Quote

 

Yep, but I can't get it to geotag, which is the only reason I wanted the Bluetooth functionality. Others have confirmed they have the same problem.  Have you been able to get yours to geotag? With my iPhone running the most currrent version of iOS, the GPS indicator is constantly translucent indicating no GPS data being received. It works just fine on my Panasonic ZS200. I'm at a loss as to why, since the D-Lux 7 is a Panny clone, Leica can't develop their software with input from Panasonic.

Edited by drgek
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first Leica ever yesterday and I have the same issue as described here. 

The FOTOS app on my phone finds the camera over Bluetooth and they start pairing, but then the camera display for 1/2 a second says "Connecting to WiFi" and then "Pairing failed". Have no idea why it would look for Wi-Fi when I'm setting things up through Bluetooth.

Have anyone experienced anything like it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, Langballe said:

Got my first Leica ever yesterday and I have the same issue as described here. 

The FOTOS app on my phone finds the camera over Bluetooth and they start pairing, but then the camera display for 1/2 a second says "Connecting to WiFi" and then "Pairing failed". Have no idea why it would look for Wi-Fi when I'm setting things up through Bluetooth.

Have anyone experienced anything like it? 

It requires a WiFi connection to establish the Bluetooth pairing. At least on an iPhone, make sure you navigate back to the Fotos app while it says connecting to WiFi. The pairing should succeed.

HOWEVER, this worthless update, while now allowing you to pair via Bluetooth, still does not support location tagging. After a couple of hours of assuming I must be doing something wrong, I emailed Leica for support who confirmed location tagging will not work at that an update should be expected in the "near future." Absurd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 hours ago, drgek said:

It requires a WiFi connection to establish the Bluetooth pairing. At least on an iPhone, make sure you navigate back to the Fotos app while it says connecting to WiFi. The pairing should succeed.

HOWEVER, this worthless update, while now allowing you to pair via Bluetooth, still does not support location tagging. After a couple of hours of assuming I must be doing something wrong, I emailed Leica for support who confirmed location tagging will not work at that an update should be expected in the "near future." Absurd. 

Thanks @drgek. I'll give to a go. And agree - absurd that a brand like Leica would release something so buggy and confusing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated new version of POTOS and tried to connect my camera by bluetooth. In the iPhone, POTOS found the camera and I push the "connect" button. However, it said "connecting Wifi" and then "connection failed." It worked by Wifi from the previous POTOS. Now both connections are not working. Can I go back to the earlier version of POTOS?

Edited by Sang
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have had the same 'connecting  to wifi' on the camera and 'connection failed' on both phone and camera. Leica support reasonably responsive but the app seems to be a clusterf**k. The panasonic version of the camera has been out for 4 years with a supporting app. I guess Leica didn't use that app as they already had this pile of dogs**t for their professional cameras. I'm thinking of getting the Panasonic. But before I do, I'll try it with the app, at the shop! Having said all of that, the camera is great but I bought it because it said that it had wifi and bluetooth connectivity. It doesn't, even after the bluetooth update. I've got it to connect a couple of times, but it's not consistent. This should be easy - so come on Leica, get your act together. I'm unlikely to consider upgrading am I? All my other German products work, so Leica, you're letting your country down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Sang said:

I updated new version of POTOS and tried to connect my camera by bluetooth. In the iPhone, POTOS found the camera and I push the "connect" button. However, it said "connecting Wifi" and then "connection failed." It worked by Wifi from the previous POTOS. Now both connections are not working. Can I go back to the earlier version of POTOS?

While the phone is attempting to establish a connection, navigate back to the Fotos app from the settings window. This worked for me. As mentioned above, don't waste your time with Geotagging because it still doesn't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From app-support

With Bluetooth, the connection is established and then WiFi is automatically activated.

The wifi is then responsible for the picture transfer.

 

Please try the following procedure.

Delete the Leica D-Lux 7 WiFi profile in your iPhone and delete the Leica FOTOS app.

If you use other older Leica apps, uninstall them.

 

Delete WiFi Profiles from iPhone:

Step 1: Open Settings on your iOS device.

Step 2: Go to the section General → Profiles & Device Management, or Settings → General → Profiles.

Step 3: If there is an Leica Q profile, tap on a configuration profile you would like to remove from your iOS device.

Step 4: Tap Delete Profile at the bottom of the configuration profile screen.

Step 5: Enter your passcode, if required.

Please restart the smartphone and reinstall the Leica FOTOS app.

After installation restart your smartphone once more.

Turning the Bluetooth on and off in the smartphone often helps with connection.

 

I hope it works

Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading above app-support message I now know that I can get rid of the FOTOS app for good.

It seems that Bluetooth is only used to transfer the WiFi connection details (and credentials), which is kinda perverted.

Why not use Bluetooth also for picture transfer as true alternative for WiFi transfer?

What the developers are doing here is way beyond me ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 5:27 PM, Dickson L said:

My D-LUX 7 has no wi-fi in the menu the default in button 6 should be wi-fi . No wi-fi in any button select menu . Please help !

Same here. 

if it is any consolation, I do not have Wi-fi Option in the Menu, or in the default Fn Button 6. 

No doubt, I have been through all options. Time is properly set. It is NOT there. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here.

I wrote to Leica customer care about it but they didn't seem to understand - they replied with verbatim quote from the manual.

The wifi option simply isn't in the menu and is not set to F6 (default) - nothing there.

There is a FOTOS selection where you can pair bluetooth but nothing about wifi.

I can connect the camera to Fotos using that, but it takes so long I don't bother.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...