Sign in to follow this  
jaeger

loose lens' sliding hood

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have an aged lens that has a loose integrated sliding hood, since it's fitted outside of the lens group/barrel, it might not need an expert to do it.   Does anyone know how a DIY trick? 

I am no expert, but I believe this is due to the inner felt progressively wearing out. Also, IIRC, not all sliding hoods are alike in terms of construction and attachment to the barrel - it varies by lens type. For example, the Elmarit-M 90/2.8 seems to be particularly affected by this issue - I had one fixed a few years ago, but that was in the context of a complete CLA, where the lens was entirely dismantled. I know it seems like it should be an easy fix, but I'm not sure that's actually the case. I'd ask Leica or an experienced repair person. If you do, please post your findings.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Al Brown
      Tell us about your M lens disasters.
      It is painful even to think about something happening to those precious little gems, let alone experiencing it.
      What was the worst that happened to your M lens?

For me, it was water droplets between elements in my Noctilux 0.95 from a job in Southeast Asia. And I am not counting the french kiss with concrete floor of my 28/2.8 III Mandler Elmarit in Afghanistan.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By ERA23
      Hello,
      I am selling my Summicron 35mm, in near perfect conditions. Has no scratches on the optics or the body. Focusing ring is smooth and the apperature ring is clicky in all the right ways. 

Comes with the box, accessories and papers. 
      As im based in Paris you can come check it out or pick it up. I can do delivery depending where you are based. 
      I remain avaialble for any questions
    • By pthean
      Hi All, 
      I put the Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Classic on my SL2. It is not a recognized lens, so I chose the Summilux M1:1.4/35 ASPH. 11873 lens profile.  Everything works great except the Aperture setting recorded on the shot does not match the aperture setting that I used on the Lens. I have also tried the 2 other M 35mm lens profiles in the menu with different but still incorrect Aperture recorded in the shot.
      Can someone share with me how to capture the right Aperture used? Do I need to create a custom lens profile? And if so, how do I do that?
      Thanks much for your help.
      -patrick.
    • By 84bravo
      I have the 12586 lens hood for the 50mm f1.4 pre-asph lens. The unit unscrews to accept filters (I assume). What series size filters do I need and how are they held in place? I understand that I need to use a special slim 43mm filter if I want to hood to fit, but I'd rather just use drop in filters if that is possible. Why else would the hood unscrew into two parts otherwise?
      Thanks
      LarryK
    • By Steve Ris
      Hi everyone.  
      Just bought an X Vario and I normally use a lens hood.  I can't find any of the original or JJC replacement 18774 available anywhere.
      Does anyone have any experience of other hoods at all?  I was wondering if the LX100/D-Lux hood would work without vignetting for example.
      Any suggestions?