Sign in to follow this  
quixotic

Books on the R7

Has anyone had a chance to read either Arthur Landt's book on the R7, or Heiner Henninges' book on the R4-R7 series?  I'd like to order a copy (or copies), but there don't seem to be any reviews on the web.  

I guess I should also mention this one (https://www.amazon.ca/Book-Leica-R-Cameras/dp/1787112160/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1543290758&sr=1-1&keywords=leica+r7), though it won't be available until well into next year.

Edited by quixotic

Before purchasing anything 'R', I bought Jonathan Eastland's 'Leica R Compendium', which proved to be not only a very useful introduction to the R system but also valuable when deciding which lens to add to the R5 I had subsequently bought.

Thanks.  I knew he wrote a book about the R8, but didn't realize he wrote an R compendium.  However, seeing that the cheapest copy on amazon.ca is $95 (Canadian), I may just wait for the Brian Long book to come out in 2019.  (He's also a Miata enthusiast, so that gets an additional thumbs-up from me).

Just download a manual. I'm not sure what more such a book can tell you. Everything you might want to know is buried within this forum or can be found with a google search I'm sure.

Nah, something about curling up on a wet afternoon reading the R Compendium, or any other book, the tactile experience us older farts seem to cherish.

I had to go check, but I also have the Eastland book. And a few (OK, more than a few) others.

Gary

Gaz, we don’t get wet afternoons in Alberta. Now a cold, snowy day at -20C. . .  Bet that makes you kiwis envious! Hopefully it’ll be a hard copy, so once done reading it, he can use it to dig his car out of the snow.

Edited by Brenton C