Wi-fi SD card compatible in M9 ?

Rogpog

Look for Toshiba FlashAir W-04. I use it. But as I said in the thread on here, when bumping the ISO on the M9, it seems to have trouble writing to the card cleanly, leaving Horizontal faint chevron lines across the image. I think it’s some form of banding as they are spaced out evenly. 

When I use Sandisk and other non WiFi cards I don’t experience it. I even sent my camera to Leica thinking my sensor had a problem but they could not make that determination.  

Fwiw, it works fine when I shoot base ISO. I can transfer jpeg and dng to my phone now problem(who needs an M10!?) Like with anything you’ll get battery drain. But it turns off as my camera goes to standby. Then you’d have to re-engage it again. 

For taking around the house or for checking focus on your RF or lens, it’s useful since you can immediately transfer the files over to your phone to inspect. If you’re not a spray and pray shooter with your photography, it’s doable when you’re out an about. I’ve done it and it worked fine sharing my images immediately. Like I said, who needs an M10?! ;)

Edited by low325

• 2 weeks later...

I use a workaround: On the M9 I always select DNG+jpg. The jpg file at a resolution about 1600x100 pixels (I don't remember well the exact dimensions). Then I use an electronic device (just google "Ravpower filehub sd reader") that reads SD cards. Then, you transfer the jpg files to your smartphone or tablet. It works like a champ. 

Edited by aristharcus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’ve tried using the original Eyefi card to the Toshiba card over the course of 6 years using my M-E. If you can keep the connection active it takes forever to transfer files to the phone and then there’s the camera battery. It uses a lot of battery to run the WiFi card and reduces your battery life pretty quickly. 

It would be one of the reasons I’d upgrade to an M10. Along with all of the latest advances that a close to 10 year old camera tech is missing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add my two penny worth. I've been using an older (no longer supported by Eye-Fi) 16Gb Eye-Fi card in my M9, linked to the Eye-Fi software on my Kindle Fire without a problem up to a distance of about 8 feet. This then sends the photo's to a Canon Selphy 910 to produce postcard sized photos within 5 minutes of taking the photo. Very useful at a Christmas Eve party I was at recently. 

Happy New Year to all