Advertisement (gone after registration)

.....and its finally happened...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Frame-it, please give all pertinent information - Mac model, amount of RAM, graphics card and most importantly the version of LR you are using.  We assume you are using Mojave 10.14.1.  I suspect you are using a 32-bit version of Lightroom which MacOS will not support in future versions.  64-bit versions will be required.

mac book pro late 2013, 16gb ram, 1tb flash storage, NVIDIA GT750 2gb, OS 10.14.1..and yes lightroom v6.14 is 64bit.

Edited by frame-it

its probably adobe asking apple to kill the 6.14 stand-alone version

Edited by frame-it
  • Like 1

well, it still works but every now and then the message pops up probably waiting for the next OS update

anyways i tried this and added Lightroom to that list, so far the pop up has disappeared >>

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-3684425/

Edited by frame-it

2 hours ago, Exodies said:

Is your Adobe Application Manager 64bit?

aha...nope its not...its 32bit..everything else is 64 bit....ive just uninstalled it..as its not used anyways..the adobe Creative cloud desktop application handles all the lightroom stuff

thank you

• Like 1

I have a similar problem with PS Elements 11 which worked perfectly on my old PC and on an old MacBook Pro but now on my new iMAC 27 inch with Mojave the application crashes every time I try to amend an image. 

Am I (or rather is PSE 11) doomed?

Richard

While Lightroom v6.14 (perpetual license) is not optimized for Mojave, it still works just fine. I'll use it until it no longer works, and then make a decision as to what I will replace it with. I'm about at the point where I will replace my mid-2012 Mac mini anyway (new Mac mini 6-core next Spring...), so I might just keep this one set up with LR 6.14 and Mojave regardless of what I do because that way I'll always be able to just plug this one in and use it anyway. 

No need to panic. :D

• Thanks 1

I have solved my issue through a thread on the Adobe forums by an Adobe staff person which advises:

• Open System Preferences.
  • Select Security & Privacy.
  • Click the lock to make changes, then enter your system username and password for your computer.
  • Select Privacy from the top set of tabs, then select Accessibility from the left-hand column of options.
  • Click the + (plus) button under the list 'Allow the apps below to control your computer'.
  • Navigate to the Applications folder and select the Photoshop application and click Open.
  • Click the lock to prevent further changes. Relaunch Photoshop. 

When I went through this process I saw PSE11 listed already but not checked. Once checked my problem went away.