m10 vs m10-p shutter vibration

leica1215

I've had both and I haven't noticed any difference in shutter shock. The difference in shutter sound is astounding though... didn't think much of it when I first got the M10-P but I when I shot with a M10 at the Leica store last week I was surprised at how loud it was. I guess I'm now spoiled and I could never go back.

I tried in leica store unless it is defected, when I pressed the shutter  on m10p the left hand part of the body obviously more vibration then the m10, the sales people also felt the same way. 

when I have change I will try the other leica store to figure it out,.

Maybe the vibration of the M10-P just feels stronger because the shutter sound is more quiet? And maybe the loud shutter sound of the M10 in a way "drowns" the vibration?

But I have never tried the M10-P myself, so I don't know.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I experienced exactly the same issue, which actually was a bit disappointing. Having a quieter shutter seemed like such a great and welcome improvement. Tried them side by side numerous times and somehow the energy captured by dampening of the sound seemed to be released into the camera-body. Couldn't really believe it to be honest, so went back the next day and did the same side-by-side comparison. The difference, although still there, seemed much less. It makes me believe that it is more perception than anything else. If there is sound, you expect vibration. If there is no sound, any bit of vibration becomes noticeable. Once your brain gets used to it, the vibration won't be noticeable anymore, and the lack of sound can be fully appreciated. At least that's what I'm telling myself....

And on the photograph it probably doesn't matter either way, so only relevant for the experience.

5 hours ago, wjdrijfhout said:

[.........................]. It makes me believe that it is more perception than anything else. If there is sound, you expect vibration. If there is no sound, any bit of vibration becomes noticeable. Once your brain gets used to it, the vibration won't be noticeable anymore, and the lack of sound can be fully appreciated. At least that's what I'm telling myself....

I felt exactly the same feeling with the M10-D: the quasi absence of noise makes I am more expecting vibration an by the way conteracting it, so believing they were real.

A kind of spychologic interact...😂

Edited by papimuzo
coreection