LUF Admin

Leica Q-P released!

On 11/16/2018 at 11:04 AM, sennsation said:

No fingerprints!  But white marks/scratches from fingernails! 

Does it mean that those scratches remain or can they been removed?

what about other marks or scufs? I can see some marks made by the strap on the body... 

I would like to by one but I would keep it pristine...

Edited by Mamac

These cameras are to be used, but if you want to keep it pristine, wrap it in clingfoil and keep it in a safe.

6 hours ago, jaapv said:

These cameras are to be used, but if you want to keep it pristine, wrap it in clingfoil and keep it in a safe.

I knew I would had such kind of answord! You can buy nice things and want to keep them in mint condition...

I had several Leica and never had problems, even when they were used daily... But it was silver ones...

You can use them and keep them in good state, even out cling foil...

Edited by Mamac

It is entirely reasonable, and possible, to use a camera well AND to keep it pristine. 

Furthermore, if one is spending a very large sum of money on something that is fundamentally a delicate object (it’s not a hammer!), then the desire to keep it safe from damage is , again, perfectly reasonable. 

These pointless comments time and again to the effect of “it’s a tool, it’s meant to be used” are unhelpful. 

Use a padded bag, a half-case, a fitted cover, whatever you want to protect your Q. It’s your camera. 

Edited by Mute-on

I don't quite see it that way. "using and keep pristine" is only possible with very light use, and even then. These things are tools, not jewelry. If one  carries a camera  at all times, and I do, it will show marks of use. If you actually operate buttons and dials, they will wear pretty soon. I'm not saying it should be abused, no reason for that, but babying it loses photographic opportunities. A camera inside a bag can take no photograph. As for very delicate object - Leica's are amongst the most solid cameras built. That is what you pay for.

6 hours ago, Mamac said:

I knew I would had such kind of answord! You can buy nice things and want to keep them in mint condition...

I had several Leica and never had problems, even when they were used daily... But it was silver ones...

You can use them and keep them in good state, even out cling foil...

An example of a body cover to protect a Q 

https://tekiac.de/leica-q-stelthcover/

Hope this helps :)

The Leica marketing people are geniuses. Who ever thought that you can charge $500 more by not putting the red dot on the Leica Q? Maybe Mercedes can charge $10,000 more by not having the Mercedes markings and putting a cheap plastic grill. Hey, Patek Philippe!!! You people can charge at least $30,000 more by not having the "Patek Philippe" brand name on each and every watch not to mention what you can get if you leave holes where the diamonds used to be!

6 hours ago, Ramesses said:

The Leica marketing people are geniuses. Who ever thought that you can charge $500 more by not putting the red dot on the Leica Q? Maybe Mercedes can charge $10,000 more by not having the Mercedes markings and putting a cheap plastic grill. Hey, Patek Philippe!!! You people can charge at least $30,000 more by not having the "Patek Philippe" brand name on each and every watch not to mention what you can get if you leave holes where the diamonds used to be!

Agreed. In marketing “genius” is knowing what people will pay for and then making it even more valuable on an emotional level. Leica does it, Porsche does it, as do others. The challenge is to acknowledge that these examples are not for everyone and maybe not for you.