Help Leica

dfdann

1 hour ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

.  I think what is needed is an optional return to center setting for the AF/magnification point after every shot, otherwise after a power off or standby shutdown.

+1 - agreed, after auto power down would be my preference rather than every shot. 

Wilson

• Like 2

I find myself using the left-button "auto lock everything" toggle that came out in fw2.0 a lot when walking with the CL. Keeps me from accidentally moving settings around as I handle the relatively small CL body. That should lock the touch screen too, I imagine (no AF lenses so I can't test it).. does it?

The SL firmware update includes a 'lock' for the AF point by disabling the joystick ...... but I've found that causes almost as much irritation as is it wandering about. 

A simple firmware menu option throughout the Leica range offering 'fix AF point' would be consistent and useful ..... 

To be honest I never move the AF point except when the camera is on a tripod ..... otherwise it's focus, recompose and shoot. 

• Like 2