Leica One Challenge Paris 2006

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's been pointed out to me that you can access your old images by clicking on the triangle next to your name and clicking 'attachments' - as I result I've been able to locate some old images that I thought were lost forever - thanks Pete (farnz) for pointing this out !!

This lead me to thinking that it would be nice if we built a record of previous One Challenges, so that they could be easily accessed by forum members, for fun and historic interest

I've begun this tread for the Paris 2006 One Challenge and perhaps we might build separate threads for the other challenges

So, if you have images from the Paris 2006, why not post them here..!!

Edited by robert_parker
  • Like 4

The image below is taken outside The Frog and Rosbif pub on the rue Saint Denis, Paris and shows most of the competitors - it's taken with my DMR and 21-35 R Apo Zoom, which was leant to one of the waitresses (who was also a photography student) to take the photo..!!

The group includes, from the left, Andy Barton, Phillippe Octo, James Earley, me (I've still got the jacket...), John Amiet, Christoph Dobrusskin, a gentleman I can't name, Steve Choo (who won that year), Bill Palmer, Pascal Mehut, Carle Bretteville, Anne Barton, Steve Unsworth, John Howarth, Marylin Howarth, another gentleman I can't name and John Driffil

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by robert_parker
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

This might answer your questions as to the identity of everyone...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, andybarton said:

And I think that it’s Christoph Dobrusskin not Robert Stephens. 

Yes I wondered whether it was Christoph Dobrusskin too although I haven't met Rob Stephens.  (Would he be former forum member Robsteve who shot with an R9 and the module telephoto lens system by any chance, Andy?)

Pete.

I remember it well also. I had just arrived from Morocco (where the local CIA had 'stolen' 50 rolls of my film) and caused me to miss my flight from Paris to Melbourne. As it happened I was 'stranded' in Paris at the time of the Challenge, so I joined the Challenge. Ahh! The quirks of life.

I also remember my beer in that pub cost me more for the credit card fee than the beer. Lesson learned.

I am sure to have London and Amsterdam somewhere down in the cellar of this computer, or in my paper file of the One Challenge. Actually, I hope you can open the attached: it consists of the posted pictures for Paris.

Also, I stand corrected as to the names of the participants: I found in my paper file the correct list: you are right: it is Christoph and Marilyn, and another one is wrong: next to Christoph, it should be Boudier, no Doudier

Edited by octo
privacy: it opened other files
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 7:00 PM, octo said:

This might answer your questions as to the identity of everyone...

However, to confirm your suspicions, it is indeed (partly) the wrong answer... :)

Edited by christoph_d

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, octo said:

I got a computer litterate friend to downsize it; the quality suffers but at least it's here!

Enjoy

Leica-1-Challenge-London-2004-small.pdf

That's great - I love the pictures and biographies for the participants - no one looks a day older....😉

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, farnz said:

Philippe, 

I believe it's Marilyn Howarth rather than Ann.

So ... who took the picture? 🤔

Pete.

We went outside at the start of the challenge and I got the job of taking the group photo - problem was that I couldn't then be in it - so luckily we discovered that one of the waitresses was a photography student, so she got the (then nearly new) R9 / DMR / 21-35 Apo Asph Zoom to take the photo.... She was instructed that if she got mugged whilst taking the photo, at least she could club the assailants with the DMR which weighed in at a couple of kilos...😀

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:01 AM, andybarton said:

None of us look a day older.

I suspect that this is the photograph that is kept in the attic...

...but it IS... it IS....🧛‍♂️

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...