S006 -- Exposure issues

GMB

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Haven't used my S006 for a while.  Took it out for a walk yesterday.  Noted that many shots were overexposed.  Did some testing today.  In short, when I am in full P mode, all seems more or less well.  However, as soon as  I do some manual settings, for example go into A or T mode or, while in P mode change the aperture, things go wrong and shots are overexposed. Interestingly, dialing in exposure compensation does not seem to help either.  Any thoughts what that could be.  I have the latest firmware and even did a reset.  Also, this happens irrespective of the metering method used.

Thanks.

Georg

John--I typically use Program mode as a starting point and then modify aperture to my needs, liking, and light situations.  Basically the same as if I was using Aperture mode.  Will try what you suggested, and in particular if the problem persists with other lenses (the lens I used was the 70 mm.  Thanks.  Georg

Hi Georg,

I've had this problem twice with an S-E, the camera is then fine when I have time to troubleshoot it.  Shooting in A mode switching to manual solves the issue for me.   I never use P or S mode so I can't say if my camera does the same.  The times I remember this occurring were possible low temperatures.  

I am mostly in A or M. Have never used P as it compromises too much.

Furthermore, why would you want to reduce such an exquisite camera to a P&S????

See how your camera is doing in M and if all is well then try A and T.. If still satisfactory, quit while ahead!!!

Albert