X2 Manual Settings

Albert2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Having always used AP setting in this camera I want to start to use it manually (excluding focus). My problem is that the 'gaps' between the shutter speeds on the top shutter speed dial are too wide. By this I mean if I want a shutter speed of 1600 I only have a manual dial speed setting of 2000 or 1000. Turning the various dials does nothing. I would appreciate some guidance. As an example, in AP I take an exposure via the shutter press halfway in part of a frame a say get 1600 at f2.8. I take another reading at another part of the scene which will be my focal point and get another reading of 1250 at f2.8. So I leave my camera on f2.8 as I want this depth of field by I want a shutter speed of 1600. With my M as this is manual focus I can take my exposure anywhere and recompose: this does not seem to be the case with the X2?

Sorry Albert. I forgot you are able to see exposure data through your EVF. My X1 is somewhat simpler. A pure optical finder with a convenient red diode near the hot-shoe to confirm focus. That is all, but it does enable me to concentrate on the image under scrutiny. So I make all my settings before viewing and shooting.