Lightroom and the Q

ATAR1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

@ramarren:

I have LTR6.4 perpetual. LeicaQ, date from Factory 07 november 2018 (!), arrival in shop 13 november 2018, picked up that day, delivered with Firmware 3:  I don't see any difference between embedded and Adobe.  I had Nikon and Canon cameras before. What I did in the past (before the Q) was: running the all photos through the adobe DNG converter, to avoid "manipulating" through the embedded.

Maybe you should try that for some photos to see whether there is a difference (or maybe I should do that again😉).

Edited by LexS

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2018 at 10:55 AM, Alex U. said:

I think that when you use Lightroom Classic in a proper way with its intensded Workflow then one can not just say that you do not like the monthly fee and that one could just switch to something else. Just an. example:

I used Apple‘s Aperture for many years and unfortunately I had to go to something else as Apple discontinued their Software. The Data Management System included in LR (Database, Keywords, GPS plus plus plus) can not be just moved to something else and I suffered a lot when I had to give up Aperture. ALL my images were NOT processed any more etc. etc.

You can easily say that you will change the Software and then you change again and the again, from LR to C1 to something else to something else . . means that you do not properly use these tools or just use them to quickly process a DNG and then export the JPG and delete the RAW. That kind of „workflow“ I hear again and again. But I think that this is the complete wrong way of using LR. 

But if I understand well it is about thre. Q here 😇

Hi Alex, I am new to this site and have just ordered a Q2 and noticed you were an Aperture user or used to be, did you ever process DNG files with Aperture?  I am still using Aperture and didn't need to change as my RAW files from my Canon 5D 3 can still be processed.  I am hoping that DNG files which don't need a new profile every time you upgrade a camera will be compatible with Aperture.  I suppose I will have to submit to the inevitable one day, but not yet.

Aperture has been discontinued for years. I very much doubt that it supports recent cameras. Try ON1, Affinity or other modern post processing programs. They are miles better than Aperture and quite affordable. 

Aperture was fine in its time, but it really doesn't make sense to buy a camera of the level of the Q2 and process your files in completely obsolete software.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Dave H:

Hi Alex, I am new to this site and have just ordered a Q2 and noticed you were an Aperture user or used to be, did you ever process DNG files with Aperture?  I am still using Aperture and didn't need to change as my RAW files from my Canon 5D 3 can still be processed.  I am hoping that DNG files which don't need a new profile every time you upgrade a camera will be compatible with Aperture.  I suppose I will have to submit to the inevitable one day, but not yet.

See jaapv. I agree with him.

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/13/2019 at 9:13 PM, jaapv said:

Aperture has been discontinued for years. I very much doubt that it supports recent cameras. Try ON1, Affinity or other modern post processing programs. They are miles better than Aperture and quite affordable. 

Aperture was fine in its time, but it really doesn't make sense to buy a camera of the level of the Q2 and process your files in completely obsolete software.

just came across this thread.. aperture works on my 2015 mbp and works with my Q (classic)== i dont use it much but it is there and still works

On 4/19/2019 at 7:47 PM, prk60091 said:

just came across this thread.. aperture works on my 2015 mbp and works with my Q (classic)== i dont use it much but it is there and still works

Probably because of the reason Exodies gave. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...